Macon Co @ Jo Byrns

Shep

Whew !! What a ugly win for the Devils 7-0..... If the O can get all the sputters worked out then the Devils Gunna b jus fine, I'm sure coach Adkins will certainly address the issues, can't say enough bout the D !!! As last week, very pleased with the effort and grit of the Devils......got some sophomores contributing very well !!! Good win tonite Devils, keep working !

Kind of as expected, JB's defense was good and the offense was not so good. We did move the ball well at times but we had a lot of mistakes. Having said that, you take away the mistakes and I still don't think the offense is that great. I do think we'll get better as the year goes on and we'll learn what we can and can't do. I think there may be some personnel changes before it's all said and done, we'll see. At the end of the day, JB got a good hard fought win tonight. We showed some real toughness and what I liked most was that I seen absolutely no quit in the team. There were several times in the second half where they could have caved in but we didn't and we showed some real fight.

As for Macon Co., I thought they played with good effort but couldn't get anything going on offense. I agree with some of the previous comments in that it will be a tough year for them. JB is quite young and green right now and they still couldn't get it done so I'd hate to see what some of the 4A teams will do. Someone told me at the game tonight that Macon Co. had 20 upperclassmen quit the team when the coaching change happened; is that true? This person also told me that Macon Co. was starting mostly freshman and sophomore. Looking at the MC players, it didn't look like they were that young so I'm not sure I believe what I was told.

Edited by MOTO24