Brentwood @ Smyrna

milo118

Almost none of Brentwood's success is Pemberton. This is a quarterfinal team a year ago, with almost 40 seniors, that returned virtually everyone that matters except for Echetebu. They should be a great team regardless of the coach, but we have no clue how good they actually are since they've played two really bad football teams.

If anything though I'm giving negative marks to Pemberton for a bungling of the QB situation so far and an apparent lack of attention to detail in special teams.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost none of Brentwood's success is Pemberton. This is a quarterfinal team a year ago, with almost 40 seniors, that returned virtually everyone that matters except for Echetebu. They should be a great team regardless of the coach, but we have no clue how good they actually are since they've played two really bad football teams.

If anything though I'm giving negative marks to Pemberton for a bungling of the QB situation so far and an apparent lack of attention to detail in special teams.

Pretty good assessment and matches my thoughts. This season is a reflection of someone else's, including the seniors, work.As long as pemberton doesnt do anything too drastic, the season should be a good, long one. He's in a tough spot though, lose and it will be his fault, but if they win, it will be the seniors and previous coach. Next year will be a more true picture of coach p.

Rotating qbs rarely works out. We are off to a good start, but the two teams we have played so far haven't given enough of a game to gauge where we really are. Good thing is that you can't start any better than 2-0.

Pemberton has done exactly what he needed to do with the QB situation- get to 2-0 without giving Indy the slightest clue of what to expect this week.

I have to disagree with you on that. He's actually made Independence more aware than usual that they should expect the unexpected. Even with that, Brentwood wins fairly easily in this one.

I have to disagree with you on that. He's actually made Independence more aware than usual that they should expect the unexpected. Even with that, Brentwood wins fairly easily in this one.

I don't know how aware you can be of a qb that has only had to throw less than 20 passes in two games. Bunch more to see there.