Walker Valley at Cleveland

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Positive progress is always relative. Compared to where they have been in recent years, winning the games they "ought to" win is a giant step forward for the Mustangs. For a depressed program, finding a degree of consistency and success is a very positive improvement that can do nothing but help a team when it does get to the more challenging part of the schedule.

obviously you have seen cleveland...which line are you talking about? the offensive line has only given up 8 sacks in over 150 attempts. i would NOT call that an issue???????

Defensive line and line backers is the better unit. Offensive line has done a good job of slowing pass rushers and given the QB time to move and throw the ball, but he has been on the run a lot. Run game has been almost non existant so far and that will bite Cleveland. As will the penalties and mistakes.

Those are the reasons I think game is a close one.

can anyone tell me where i can find the stats for cleveland players, wanting to see Austin's passing stats and the WR stats as well.

I have this from the papers:

Attmpts Comp Int Inc Herink 72 43 1 28

59.72%

Receiving Catches Yards Yrds/catch Jones, DJ 18 169 9.4 Davis, Tyler 9 73 8.1 Smith, Parker 5 60 12.0

Now this is just what I have been able to get from the newspapers so far. Full stats are hard to come by that way sometimes.

http://iis.timesfree...repStats/stats/

Here are all the stats for every local team.

wow, austin has been great. 96-148, 64.9%, 936 yds, 9tds and only 1 interception, Cleveland has such a balanced passing game also, 2 WRs have 20 catches, another has 15, and another with 12. He's doing this with basically no run game.

The Chatt Central game gave us the opportunity to see into the future a little bit. Lots of participation by the talented sophomore class. You may have seen the near future of the run game as well: one (young) player with 2 touches, 64 yards, and a TD.

that kid is a very talented runner, he should have been getting carries from the start of the season.