Yellow Jackets versus defending state champs Patriots

TheCommissioner

Sorry we missed you too Drew. I have taken a different job at work and just make it to the games right when they start. We had hoped to tail gate some for you, olddevil, and Prez but it was all I could do to get there before kickoff. Maybe in two years we can. Officials last night....................................interesting. RW has scolded me in the past so that is all I will say about them. HC didnt play well either. Still room for improvement before playoff. You will go deep again. Just cant say another gold ball for you yet. Clarksville NE game with you will be a good one. Glad it will be on Thursday so we can all see it. That one not DC game should be for district title IMHO. Reeves-Maybin and Storme should put on a show that night

Let's touch base before the NE game. Maybe we can connect sometime prior to that game and catch up. Yes interesting. I think I've said enough already! happy.png

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you missed my point. Maybe you know me and maybe you don't. But what I saw last night was embarrassing for the TSSAA. Did we play sloppy? Yes. Could we have won by more? I believe so. What you read were my frustrations at a poorly officiated game, which is something that I can't stand to see when it is as obviously biased as it was. If you are embarrassed about that, be my guest. We don't sound pathetic, I sound pathetic - to you, and maybe others. And that's ok, I can handle it. But don't lump our entire team or fan base into a category because you don't like what I or Prez said. It is simply my opinion. I can't stand bad refs who are biased, and I expressed that fairly clearly. Refs can make bad calls, and make them all game long. But when a ref crosses the line to obviously become biased, that bothers me - if you can't already tell that. Could it have been worse? Yes, refer back to a Clarksville NW game about 10 years ago when a similar officiating fiasco took place, we lost. I don't recall blaming the game on the refs, we won. I think I even said that I should be happy. As for the comment by our coaches, I really don't know precisely what was said. We were walking up late to the group after the game, may not have even been Coach Counce. I just heard someone say something similar to that comment. Whatever he said on his interview after the game, I didn't hear. It was never meant to offend Springfield's effort or to discredit their kickoff return. They are a scrappy team with issues in the coaching and administrative ranks over the past couple of years. I hate that for their kids. Let me be clear, one more time. Springfield didn't call these refs in, didn't pay them off, or have anything to do with the officiating. They didn't pick them, it just happened at their place. I am ready to move on to the next game.

I don't have a problem with our team at all or the fan base. My problem is with us crying on here about officiating. I didn't hear coach say anything and I hope he didn't. There is a reason why coaches and players get fined for criticizing the officiating in the NFL and MLB and that's because it's WRONG. I know this isn't the NFL or MLB but the fans who complained on here about officiating should just be quiet because it makes us look STUPID. Just say it was a sloppy game and leave it at that. EXCUSES ARE NEVER GOOD.

Let's touch base before the NE game. Maybe we can connect sometime prior to that game and catch up. Yes interesting. I think I've said enough already!

now that I am more awake and thought about it we may try and come to that game and catch up with you, olddevil, and Prez. let me see how work goes got to feed the family first

I don't have a problem with our team at all or the fan base. My problem is with us crying on here about officiating. I didn't hear coach say anything and I hope he didn't. There is a reason why coaches and players get fined for criticizing the officiating in the NFL and MLB and that's because it's WRONG. I know this isn't the NFL or MLB but the fans who complained on here about officiating should just be quiet because it makes us look STUPID. Just say it was a sloppy game and leave it at that. EXCUSES ARE NEVER GOOD.

It was a sloppy game for both sides officials aside. Once again IMHO. I have been wrong before and you know what..............I will be wrong again someday

We will all be there, Commish. Just give us a clue where to find you. Are you really sure you want to hear from RW?

GO BIG RED

Olddevil I am sorry i couldnt get there earlier. Work is busy right now and I can't complain I am lucky to have a job. We wanted to tailgate with you,Drew and Prez before the game BUT it was all I could do to get there before kickoff. I mailed Drew we will try and make the Thursday night lights game with NorthEast and sit with you and catch up. Good luck the rest of the way. Your team will go deep in the playoff, I am just not sure if another Gold Ball is there. Pats are very good this year. Last year's team was special. they were GREAT

I am surprised that you want to hear from me but I will oblige you. The plus for Springfield is also a negative...last year's staff is gone. While I was disgusted with the way they cried and moaned after we thrashed them, they actually did a good job while they were there. I am a retired coach of 30 years (just had to say that) and I can't remember a bigger bunch of babies who could actually coach. I know very little about your current staff but I hope they can build upon what the last staff got started. Before I proceed I have two questions...what happened to bring about the untimely and surprising departure of the prior staff and where are they now? As far as this game goes...it will be no contest. The mercy rule will be ready to be activated in the second quarter but Springfield will have to unfortunately wait until the second half for it to be activated. I am bored with this season because our opposition is so pitiful. We have played one good team and they beat us. We won't play another good team until probably round three. I am only here because you specifically asked for me. Good luck the rest of the year and I hope you win some games.

Why wouldn't I want to hear from a football expert? I harbor no malice towards you even though you have called me, "fool. idiot, and football illiterate"(hope I didn't leave anything out LOL). You are right about the previous coaching staff's abilities. They could coach. They may have been lacking in some areas but coaching wasn't one of them. I would rather not talk on here about why changes were made. There have been rumors flying from both sides and after my 30+ years in the grocery business (just had to add that) I know the truth is somewhere in the middle. Meyers is gone and won't be back. So we need to look forward not backwards. i thought the mercy rule would come into play like last year's game. Also thought your JV would get ample playing time. The Jackets thought otherwise. Our team never quit last night. They left their hearts on the field. As a former coach you have to respect players that do that. I hope we can win some games too I am thinking maybe 4 wins this year (Rossview, Northwest, West Creek and Kenwood) Kenwood may get us. That is why we play them on the field. I wouldnt overlook NE if I was the Pats. QB/MLB Jalin Reeves-Maybin is an incredible talent. Best player in the district from the players I have seen so far

Olddevil I am sorry i couldnt get there earlier. Work is busy right now and I can't complain I am lucky to have a job. We wanted to tailgate with you,Drew and Prez before the game BUT it was all I could do to get there before kickoff. I mailed Drew we will try and make the Thursday night lights game with NorthEast and sit with you and catch up. Good luck the rest of the way. Your team will go deep in the playoff, I am just not sure if another Gold Ball is there. Pats are very good this year. Last year's team was special. they were GREAT

You're always a class act. I'll just say that for the most part, I enjoyed the trip last night very much.

I don't think anybody on our side is confusing this group with last year's. It doesn't really matter, though. We all realize that with so many new starters (majority of them being underclassmen), there are growing pains. Last night, although "sloppy", was another stepping stone. We've said enough about the refs, but in just watching our offense, our timing was off much of the time, our passing was farther off than I've seen it all year to this point, and it was in large just a sluggish night. Much of that credit goes to SHS, particularly their line. As I said, I was very impressed with that unit, especially the Summers kid. One thing I will say for the Jackets is that they're playing very hard for their new coach, despite being 0-5, and that is a very good sign. If they are patient with him, better days are ahead for Springfield if he can get the numbers and depth built back up. They will pick up some wins the 2nd half of this season.

For us, we can win out, but we have to be much more crisp on offense than we were last night, and our kick return coverage needs to improve. This is the 2nd straight week we've given up a long return. But I did think our defense played very well. If we can put both together consistently, we will be a very tough out come playoff time. As I've said from the beginning, I expect both the Northeast and Dickson Co. games to be better than they have the last few years, particularly Northeast.

Henry County penalized 15 times for 156 yards-Once for roughing the punter after we blocked the punt! Commissioner-how is this possible? At one point, Henry County had the ball first and goal from the 36 yard line-After having the ball first and goal from the 6 yard line! Rarely do I talk bad about the men in stripes-But tonight's game was poorly officiated to say the very least!

Commissioner-why did Farmer sit the entire first quarter?

Sources say that he rolled his ankle in the Clarksville game. Coaching was using him sparingly to keep from further injury. Brandon didn't play in the 4th quarter either

I can't imagine him saying ANYTHING about the officiating, he has more class than that. You are welcome to your own opinion and I have mine. A coach should keep his mouth shut about the officiating once the game is over and I'm sure our coach didn't say a word once the game ended. He knows better. Our fans who complain about the officials are welcome to do so but they sound stupid.

therealgame....get off your high horse!...and watch who you call out on a public forum! First, no one is displeased with the win. (HC did win didn't they?) I along with every fan am perfectly satisfied to take the win and move on to the next week. However, If a game is poorly officiated from horn to horn..., coaches, fans, radio broadcasters, and sports writers certainly are afforded the liberty to discuss it as often as they wish in a respectful tone!!! Did Henry County turn the ball over 4+ times? No. Did the Patriots occasionally hold or shift/move before the whistle?...yes! Let me ask you Realgame...have you ever seen a Left or Right Guard get a "clipping penalty" AT the line of scrimmage??....the answer more than likely is NO!...yet, HC's was called for this particular infraction which is "next to impossible".....as is the "roughing the kicker" call when the ball is touched prior to contacting the kicker! If you do not know the game, know the facts, or were not in attendance to comment accurately on these matters, then perhaps you should adjust the tones of your posts! I, nor Drewcephus, nor anyone else who posts on here appreciates your referring to our posts as "shameful"!....As a matter of fact, we appreciate Springfield, their fans, their tradition, their stadium, and the similarities we have in common as a non-Clarksville school in District 10-AAA.

Lastly, what you feel a coach (our coach) should or should not say before, after, or during a game is of no importance whatsoever. I heard our coach allude to the officiating in the postgame meeting on the field, he "made mention of it" (the number of penalties) in an effort to get his team refocused on the upcoming week and to simply put it out of their minds. (it has zero to do with having or not having class-what a stupid comment) Next he said, "let's hurry up and get out of here," "I'm ready to get home!" Also, I was standing next to him as he spoke to the radio and newspaper reporters and was asked about it again. At no time was he disrespectful to the officials, talk down about the Yellowjackets, or scold his team for the mistakes......in short, get your facts straight before calling others stupid!

Edited by QBClubPrez

I can't imagine him saying ANYTHING about the officiating, he has more class than that. You are welcome to your own opinion and I have mine. A coach should keep his mouth shut about the officiating once the game is over and I'm sure our coach didn't say a word once the game ended. He knows better. Our fans who complain about the officials are welcome to do so but they sound stupid.

It is really none of your business what our coach should and should not say about anything. The man has coached 300 games, and won over 200 of them, and I think he's earned the right to say whatever he dang well pleases without your approval. He has NEVER been the type of coach to make an excuse, and that is not at all what he did. He coached the game, commented about the refs when he was asked, got his team on the bus, and went home. As for your opinion on how it makes our fans sound, you're entitled to it, but I really don't care how "stupid" I sound to you. I don't think anyone else here does, either.

Edited by RedSwarm10

therealgame....get off your high horse!...and watch who you call out on a public forum! First, no one is displeased with the win. (HC did win didn't they?) I along with every fan am perfectly satisfied to take the win and move on to the next week. However, If a game is poorly officiated from horn to horn..., coaches, fans, radio broadcasters, and sports writers certainly are afforded the liberty to discuss it as often as they wish in a respectful tone!!! Did Henry County turn the ball over 4+ times? No. Did the Patriots occasionally hold or shift/move before the whistle?...yes! Let me ask you Realgame...have you ever seen a Left or Right Guard get a "clipping penalty" AT the line of scrimmage??....the answer more than likely is NO!...yet, HC's was called for this particular infraction which is "next to impossible".....as is the "roughing the kicker" call when the ball is touched prior to contacting the kicker! If you do not know the game, know the facts, or were not in attendance to comment accurately on these matters, then perhaps you should adjust the tones of your posts! I, nor Drewcephus, nor anyone else who posts on here appreciates your referring to our posts as "shameful"!....As a matter of fact, we appreciate Springfield, their fans, their tradition, their stadium, and the similarities we have in common as a non-Clarksville school in District 10-AAA.

Lastly, what you feel a coach (our coach) should or should not say before, after, or during a game is of no importance whatsoever. I heard our coach allude to the officiating in the postgame meeting on the field, he "made mention of it" (the number of penalties) in an effort to get his team refocused on the upcoming week and to simply put it out of their minds. (it has zero to do with having or not having class-what a stupid comment) Next he said, "let's hurry up and get out of here," "I'm ready to get home!" Also, I was standing next to him as he spoke to the radio and newspaper reporters and was asked about it again. At no time was he disrespectful to the officials, talk down about the Yellowjackets, or scold his team for the mistakes......in short, get your facts straight before calling others stupid!

I have no high horse and YOU need to learn how to read.Just because a penalty is unusual doesn't make it next to impossible. I would assume that if ANY player on either side of the ball pushes or hits someone from behind it would be clipping. I didn't like some of the calls either but YOU and DREWCEPHUS went over the line. The two of you acted like some country hick kind of fans who specialize in being crybabys. I thought we played sloppy but I'm sure glad we won anyway and I'm sure not going to get on here and cry like the two of you and blame our problems on the officials.Now to the part about your inability to read I NEVER used the word "shameful". If you can find where I did then point it out. I did use "embarrassed" because I am and I'll use "disgusted" too.because it's embarrassing to read those comments on a "Henry County" thread. We should be above that. As far as our coach is concerned, he is a great one and I commented on what some of you reported that he said because I didn't hear it. I hope he didn't complain about the officiating because he knows better. If he did I bet it was in response to a question because he's smarter than you and Drewcephus.

I have no high horse and YOU need to learn how to read.Just because a penalty is unusual doesn't make it next to impossible. I would assume that if ANY player on either side of the ball pushes or hits someone from behind it would be clipping. I didn't like some of the calls either but YOU and DREWCEPHUS went over the line. The two of you acted like some country hick kind of fans who specialize in being crybabys. I thought we played sloppy but I'm sure glad we won anyway and I'm sure not going to get on here and cry like the two of you and blame our problems on the officials.Now to the part about your inability to read I NEVER used the word "shameful". If you can find where I did then point it out. I did use "embarrassed" because I am and I'll use "disgusted" too.because it's embarrassing to read those comments on a "Henry County" thread. We should be above that. As far as our coach is concerned, he is a great one and I commented on what some of you reported that he said because I didn't hear it. I hope he didn't complain about the officiating because he knows better. If he did I bet it was in response to a question because he's smarter than you and Drewcephus.

Realgame....you don't know as much as you think you do.....everyone is welcome to stand in and listen to the coach's postgame comments to his team......I encourage you to join the rest of the Big Red faithful in an effort to better inform yourself as to what and how the coach feels following any and all games...rather than relying on what someone "tells you" which otherwise is known as hear-say! (which by the way was inaccurately relayed to you!) Please also direct me to the line where "I" suggested that someone else was to blame for our sloppy play? I directed a post late Friday evening to my friend the Commissioner in Springfield in an effort to hear/read his take on the game. Overall, I thought Springfield's defense (particularly the D-line) played very well! It is you realgame who struggles reading and/or reads items clearly out of context. Most on here know the true identity of myself and Drewcephus and clearly respect our opinions and know for certain we aren't some "country hick" fans!.....the disadvantage however is that few know who you are therefore you somehow find in necessary and entertaining to "name call" on a public forum!....Let me encourage you to better inform yourself and watch who you call out on this forum.....particularly when intercepting conversations between two other posters!