South Doyle @ Morristown West

motownanddown

It's week to week I'm told. They're off next week which will give him time to heal. They're hoping to have back the next week for East but they're confident they'll have him for Sevier Co.

I'm sure the kid wants to get out there and get afte Mo East, but honestly I hope they hold him another week so he is 100% for Sevier Co. I don't think they need him against Mo East.

I'm sure the kid wants to get out there and get afte Mo East, but honestly I hope they hold him another week so he is 100% for Sevier Co. I don't think they need him against Mo East.

If he's close to 100 I'd like to see him get a few carries against East just to get into a rhythm. This injury may help the team in the long run, forcing West to develop a few more backs and strengthen the passing game.

Of all the teams in AAA Districts 1 and 2, S-D has the top ranked defense in terms of points allowed (28); although, it's worth noting that their three opponents have a combined record of 1 win and 12 losses. West will be their first true test on all levels. Regardless, I would like to see the Trojan D improve in time for the stretch run toward the playoffs. Allowing a minimum of 25 points a game does not bode well with the Patriots, Bears, and Eagles looming on the horizon.

Hope the Cherokees and their fans have safe trips up and back tonight and an injury-free game for both teams.

Go West

Roll Tribe. Beat Boone.