Elizabethton (3-2) @ Sullivan South (2-2)

EHSTrack06

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong barb straight from coach Witten, it was Greeneville that did not want to play. As recent as this week. Greenville said No for next year. Looks like we may have to go to VA or NC to find games.

Your coach must have lied to you to save face. I believe e town dropped us in 07 and dropped us again in 11.

Congrats on the win Cyclones. I was really impressed with Thomas. He is an excellent back. I also liked your defensive preparation to take away a good passing attack of the Rebels and make them prove they could run which they struggled with other than the QB draws that slowly dried up. I cannot wait to see the stats. Just guessing South had more total offense for the 2nd week in a row and lose by 2 TDs or more. Never thought I'd see a high school game where one team didn't attempt a pass. South left 3 TDs on the field in the first half alone or we might have seen a Betsy forward pass. I Believe Rebels could have still won had the bad snap on the punt attempt resulted in the first down instead of a foot short. Good football team in Betsy this year. Good luck in the playoffs. Should get a good seed going in at 8-2.

Thanks! It was fun seeing South again. I love the concession stands. You all had a lot of good food. Fatz, Bojangles, Papa Johns, Jersey Mikes!!!! Plus the cheerleaders were very classy coming over and giving cross necklaces to our cheerleaders. Also a plus was when the South student walked through the EHS side and was giving away crosses. It's good to see something like that in this day in age. Especially with the whole UT situation. Good game South, hopefully this rivalry is continued in the future!

Alcoa 42

Greeneville 0

ALCOA — Ezekial Koko ran for three touchdowns as the 19th-ranked Tornadoes shut out the two-time defending state champion Greene Devils at Goddard Field.

All of Koko’s TDs were in the first half, helping Alcoa take a 27-0 lead into the locker room.

The last shutout for the Greene Devils was a 10-0 loss at Elizabethton on Sept. 11, 2009. The shutout was the third of the season for Alcoa, which totlaed 450 yards.

Read more: http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/article.php?id=102514#ixzz27C3m45ER