raven wood football

pagegrad98

As a parent of two former players at Ravenwood, one on the State Championship team in 05 and his younger brother with a less than stellar experience in more recent years... Until an administrative change is made at the very top, and someone with half a brain comes in and supports athletics, it will be a hard row to hoe. Parents, facilities and players are top notch. I refuse to believe that there is some mystical athletic gene pool that exists only on the West side of I65 in Brentwood. Good coaching and an administrative change can get it turned around.

It is confusing why this problem even exists. Ravenwood's top administrator was at Brentwood when a change was made that has led to the success of the last several years. She,ah the top administrator....:)....saw that athletics and academics can co-exist and work as a positive for the school. I have always thought she....the top administrator.....was afraid a good coach was threatening to her position and she is unwilling to "share the power". One thing is certain, in the coming years if nothing has changed she will have people rocking the boat to get changes made.

It is confusing why this problem even exists. Ravenwood's top administrator was at Brentwood when a change was made that has led to the success of the last several years. She,ah the top administrator....icon_e_smile.gif....saw that athletics and academics can co-exist and work as a positive for the school. I have always thought she....the top administrator.....was afraid a good coach was threatening to her position and she is unwilling to "share the power". One thing is certain, in the coming years if nothing has changed she will have people rocking the boat to get changes made.

Dont worry, I'm betting she makes a change at the end of the season and would give 100-1 odds.

I think the problem Ravenwood will run into is that high quality coaches with great experience and success wont work for her because the word is out. You will get either a really young guy with limited experience, or you will get a retread that doesnt have a great pedigree. Franklin and Independence ran into the same problem, although Franklin already had their guy picked out before the firing happened so it didnt matter quite as much. Principals with bad athletic reputations dont get great applicants or a great selection.

Dont worry, I'm betting she makes a change at the end of the season and would give 100-1 odds.

I think the problem Ravenwood will run into is that high quality coaches with great experience and success wont work for her because the word is out. You will get either a really young guy with limited experience, or you will get a retread that doesnt have a great pedigree. Franklin and Independence ran into the same problem, although Franklin already had their guy picked out before the firing happened so it didnt matter quite as much. Principals with bad athletic reputations dont get great applicants or a great selection.

She will probably make a change to get the heat off but if you have always made chocolate cake and now want vanilla cake you have to use a different cake mix. It will be more of the same. BTW....she tried to hire 2 young, inexperienced guys the last time but they both knew better.