McMinn Central vs Sequoyah

dumdum

Chiefs should take this one. What the final score is will be determined by how well Central can defend the pass, the Chiefs are very good on offense and really spread the ball around to about six or seven different kids. The Chiefs offense is leaps and bounds better than last years team, Sequoyahs offensive cordinator has made a huge difference, he can call a game as well as anyone i have seen in this area. The next few weeks will tell me alot more about Sequoyah but dont be suprised if they win the district.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiefs should take this one. What the final score is will be determined by how well Central can defend the pass, the Chiefs are very good on offense and really spread the ball around to about six or seven different kids. The Chiefs offense is leaps and bounds better than last years team, Sequoyahs offensive cordinator has made a huge difference, he can call a game as well as anyone i have seen in this area. The next few weeks will tell me alot more about Sequoyah but dont be suprised if they win the district.

Maybe a chance of rain. How is the Cheifs defense?

Just to make a remark about what bigclittleh said, it's more like BRETT KING and crew. I don't know where this King kid came from, but he's brought this offense up more than a notch. More like 4 or 5. Huffman's good. But without their QB, teams would just put 9 men on the line. I pick Sequoyah in this one just because of King. I've seen both teams play. Central fought hard against Polk. Sequoyah and Lenoir City was a blood bath. But the one constant in both games were the QB's.

Edited by Footballisareligion

Just to make a remark about what bigclittleh said, it's more like BRETT KING and crew. I don't know where this King kid came from, but he's brought this offense up more than a notch. More like 4 or 5. Huffman's good. But without their QB, teams would just put 9 men on the line. I pick Sequoyah in this one just because of King. I've seen both teams play. Central fought hard against Polk. Sequoyah and Lenoir City was a blood bath. But the one constant in both games were the QB's.

King has played very well, Sequoyah is a very balanced offense and the play calling has been great. King was on this team last year, he was just playing behind Dyer. He is still just a junior. The Chiefs get alot kids back next year, they lose a few good ones but for the most part they are a young team.

Chiefs win 42-21. Offense looked good 1st half got the big lead and seem to come out a little flat in the second half, run defense needs to keep working to improve, think it hurt having a few starters out on D. over all good job just keep winning. Central has some playmakers #5 looks good for sure. I thought the difference would be if the Chargers pass defense could or could not slow down the Chiefs passing attack, they did not. King was near 300 yard passing.

Good ball game on behalf of both teams, score doesnt indicate how close the game was. McMinn Central is a very tallented team with some big time playmakers. Boyd (Central back), heck of a runner, scary ever time he touches the ball. Centrals QB had great speed and the oline was huge. Does anybody know what grade Boyd is in? Thought the Chiefs offense was on fire in the first half, 5 drives, 5 TDs. Once King got warmed up, he was launching the ball to a different guy every play, oline pass protection was great, wideouts did great for the most part, there were 3 to 4 drops. Thought the difference was that Central was limited to 2 playmakers and the Chiefs are able to spread the ball to many different players, 4 different backs and up to 6 guys who can catch anything, either out wide or outta of the backfield. Defensively, this game was a "high paced" affair, the young Chiefs were struggling containing but they would hit you and were able to get turnovers with the big hits, and Centrals DBs were just "confused" for the most part, thought the LBs for Central played great on run stopping.

Edited by dumdum