4-AAA District Champions since 2000

WmBlGovs

Middle of football season, I know, but so what? i was thinking about how balanced our district has been since the new milienium. Would like to know other districts results, especially 3-AAA in Knoxville. Teams like Gibbs and Soddy Daisy always seem to win their district, but I think that Region 2 (3-AAA and 4-AAA) have always had 4-5 teams that could win any given year. So...

YEAR CHAMPION COACH RUNNER-UP

2000 William Blount England Maryville

2001 William Blount England Farragut

2002 Maryville Hawkins William Blount

2003 Maryville Hawkins Bearden

2004 Farragut Moore Bearden

2005 Bearden ??? Maryville

2006 Farragut Moore Heritage

2007 Maryville Hawkins Heritage

2008 Maryville Hawkins Farragut

2009 Maryville Hawkins Farragut

2010 Maryville Hawkins Farragut

2011 William Blount Leatherwood Maryville

2012 Maryville Allen Bearden

Other 4-AAA teams during this span...West, Lenoir City, Catholic, Sevier Co., South Doyle have not made it to championship game. But, William Blount, Maryville, Farragut, bearden, and Heritage are usually pretty strong teams.

Believe you are right about Coach Blevins, Neil. Some of the teams from 3-AAA that have won their district or came in 2nd over the past few years include Karns, Powell, Central, and Halls. Don't know who won when or who the coaches were. Maybe someone from 3-AAA can help out here. But my point was to show that each year there seems to be 4-5 teams who are in the hunt, unlike some districts where one team always wins. Lately, I have to admit, Maryville has been the dominant team in 4-AAA, but several of their championships came when other teams (William Blount, Farragut, Heritage, for example) actually had superior teams in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Great Post ! It was Coach Blevens that coached at Bearden High School in 2005.This district is one of the touphest districts from top to bottom in the state.Most districts have the two or three teams that always come out but this district anyone can make a run in post season and advance. This year will be even more balanced after looking at the 2012 District Tournament Brochure. Every team brings back 6 or more starters from last year teams. Heritage returns all thier players,Maryville and Farragut have reloaded,Lenior City has added a very good pitcher,William Blount,Catholic and West look to be much stronger and Bearden may have their stongest team since 2005.The coaching is also very good in this district. These coaches could easily be coaching in college. It will be a great 2013 spring season for this district and I wouldnt be suprised if any of these teams are added to the 2013 District Championship list.

Edited by BeardenSoftball

District 10AAA was pretty much dominated by 2 or 3 teams until the last couple of years and now it is a 9 team toss up. There are still teams that are better overall but anyone can beat anyone on a given day. During the first 10 years after Rossview open they were District Champion or Runner up every year. Last year was 1st year they did not go to the Region Tournament. Here are the years since Rossview opened which is all I have.

Year Champion Runner-Up

2002 Dickson County Rossview

(State Champion)

2003 Dickson County Rossview

2004 Dickson County Rossview

( State Tournament )

2005 Rossview Clarksville

(State Tournament)

2006 Rossview Clarksville

2007 Rossview Dickson County

2008 Northeast Rossview

2009 Dickson County Rossview