7 aaa

Softball1

Posted by Softball1:

who do you guys think will win district this year? i need some opinions.

okay, I'll take a wild guess. Riverdale followed by Oakland

and Blackman. Toss in Lebanon, Cookeville, Warren Co. and

White Co. Did I leave anyone out?

It will come down to who has the most athletes and pitching.

Who DOES have the most athletes and pitching in 7AAA? :D

Guest SoFtBaLLsTar06

umm riverdale and oakland do have good pitchers but not the best in the world they can be hit off of ~ blackman has good pitching to and they have enough "athletes" for SCHOOL BALL to be one the best teams if not the best in 7AAA i think that blackman will come out on top and who knows maybe go to state ~ i think it comes down to blackman and oakland in the district not riverdale ~~ i think it will come out like this 1 blackman 2 oakland 3 riverdale 4 warren county 5 cookeville 6 lebanon 7 white county but thats my opinion as a player but we will see when the season gets here ~~ GO LADY BLAZE :rolleyes:

[Edited by SoFtBaLLsTar06 on 10-26-02 12:03A]

[Edited by SoFtBaLLsTar06 on 10-26-02 12:04A]

Posted by SoFtBaLLsTar06:

umm riverdale and oakland do have good pitchers but not the best in the world they can be hit off of ~ blackman has good pitching to and they have enough "athletes" for SCHOOL BALL to be one the best teams if not the best in 7AAA i think that blackman will come out on top and who knows maybe go to state ~ i think it comes down to blackman and oakland in the district not riverdale ~~ i think it will come out like this 1 blackman 2 oakland 3 riverdale 4 warren county 5 cookeville 6 lebanon 7 white county but thats my opinion as a player but we will see when the season gets here ~~ GO LADY BLAZE ;)

[Edited by SoFtBaLLsTar06 on 10-26-02 12:03A]

[Edited by SoFtBaLLsTar06 on 10-26-02 12:04A]

riverdale beat blackman and came close to oakland without having some of their starters. so im pretty sure blackman isnt gonna be on top. not to diss your school or anything but there isnt many athletes there. grant it jennifer gregory is a good all around player but there isnt enough of them on the team as a whole. i think itll bes a toss up between riverdale and oakland then blackman and how you had it.

Guest CHSsoftballer32

I think this year is goin to be an awesome softball year. There are goin to be so many great teams with awesome athletes this year. Nobody really had much to say about Cookeville this year. With only lossing one senior last year they are goin to be strong this year. Many strong athletes have some up this year for them. With strong pitcher Erin Currier who is only a junior Cookeville has a great chance this year. They screwed up in districts last year but I think they will prove to be much better this year. :o

Guest SoFtBaLLsTar06

yeah I do think blackman will be on top bc they do have other good players also ~~ Like alana hicks who plays for the firebirds also then other girls that play summer ball as well and take lessons and practice in the off season ~~ such as ashley campbell, lindsay merrit, brittany roberston, and 2 good freshmen ashley parker and sammie simon ~~ basically on a highschool team u need a good pitcher and catcher and a few good defenders and blackman has that ~~ also blackman has hitters soo i think they will be on top ~~ and that was last year when riverdale beat blackman ~~ but we willsee this year who wins

I do agree on Cookeville being a strong team this year. Many of them have improved alot from last year. The pitching is still as strong as it has been with and addition of 2 freshman pitchers who look as "intimidating" as the junior. The hitting seems to be improving somewhat too, and it looks like they have a good chance at doing well in districts and the rest of their season. ;)

[Edited by tiny25 on 10-30-02 5:18P]

here's the breakdown:

RIVERDALE - they lost a ton of talented seniors, it will be a rebuilding year. they do have strong pitching but not untouchable. worried about defense and hitting unless they have some great talent coming in.

BLACKMAN - they have lots of talent. deep pitching staff but hittable. defense will be good. the only thing is, will they pull it all together come tournament time?

LEBANON - they might have a shaky season but do not take them lightly. they become a different team come tournament time. watch out for these girls. talented bunch.

OAKLAND - how many times have they been district champs!!! they are a strong talented team. they were state contenders last year and have a strong tradition that means a lot to them. they only lost one senior. they have pitching, excellent defense, and they WILL hit the ball.

another team to look out for is WARREN COUNTY. they showed tremendous improvement last year.

who knows what will happen come tournament time but thats just my opinion of 7aaa. ;)

Guest SoFtBaLLsTar06

there is no dominating pitchers in 7AAA they can all be hit off of ~ Oakland,Riverdale,Blackman,Warren County all of them ~ it all depends on who hits the ball and has good defense and pulls together to win.