4AAA

tonto

I'll probably have more of a point to make later, but right now just one...last year Justin Birdwell finished runner-up at Regions with 16:50 on a difficult Rippavilla course; he went on to run 16:27 at state. Today, Bird rips off a 15:40 at this same difficult course. I have no bold prediction to make, but if the time difference were to hold true this would indicate a race below 15:20...I think he would do pretty nicely for himself with that time.

Guest kenwoodrun
Posted by tonto:

I'll probably have more of a point to make later, but right now just one...last year Justin Birdwell finished runner-up at Regions with 16:50 on a difficult Rippavilla course; he went on to run 16:27 at state. Today, Bird rips off a 15:40 at this same difficult course. I have no bold prediction to make, but if the time difference were to hold true this would indicate a race below 15:20...I think he would do pretty nicely for himself with that time.

And I thought Diaz had moved up with his 16:01... :) However, our course was pancake flat...steeplechase flat today. Birdwell is going to be top 10 at state, and could go top 5...compare him to Labronn Anderson from last year's Lavergne team who finished right around 5th...they are very comparable.

Do you know off the top of your head who the 3 team qualifiers were (B&G) out of Region 4?

Girls: 1.Oakland 45 2.Riverdale 53 3.Cookeville 70

Boys: 1.Tullahoma 44 2.Oakland 63 3.Cookeville 64

I really can't believe these times...Region 4 could produce some real out-of-nowhere surprises. For example the winning time last year was 16:47, Bird finished second in 16:50 (went on to 25th at state, 16:27). This year 10th place was faster than Bird last year (16:48). This indicates that Region 4 has ten individuals capable of 16:30 or better at state...it's been awhile since they've had such a good showing.

Coach, congratulations on getting both teams through. Good luck to your girls at state. Also, looks like Diaz may surprise some people as well.

Posted by tonto:

Girls: 1.Oakland 45 2.Riverdale 53 3.Cookeville 70

Boys: 1.Tullahoma 44 2.Oakland 63 3.Cookeville 64

I really can't believe these times...Region 4 could produce some real out-of-nowhere surprises. For example the winning time last year was 16:47, Bird finished second in 16:50 (went on to 25th at state, 16:27). This year 10th place was faster than Bird last year (16:48). This indicates that Region 4 has ten individuals capable of 16:30 or better at state...it's been awhile since they've had such a good showing.

Coach, congratulations on getting both teams through. Good luck to your girls at state. Also, looks like Diaz may surprise some people as well.

I Know what you mean ,In region 3AAA- Last year 17:30 would have gotten you in 10th place individually to advance to state, but this year 16:54 was 10th- quiet a difference.

Hey Kenwood, what is your best girls time this year? Just wondering?? C -ya next weekend!

Guest kenwoodrun

QUOTE>

I Know what you mean ,In region 3AAA- Last year 17:30 would have gotten you in 10th place individually to advance to state, but this year 16:54 was 10th- quiet a difference.

Hey Kenwood, what is your best girls time this year? Just wondering?? C -ya next weekend!

We don't have a lot of spectacular times to throw on the board, we are yet to get anyone under 20. But then again, time is relative in XC...we've run some brutal courses, several 5k's, and have had rain in 4 of our last 5 meets. Let's just say when we do well, it is due to overall team depth. Yesterday, Northwest finished 1st, 2nd and 4th overall, and we still found a way to win. We don't have any standouts, just a tight pack that chases the leaders.

Last time we ran against BC was AF Bridges, we were 4th and I think you were right behind us (6th?). We should be fairly even against each other next week.