Marion (6-2) vs Copper Basin (6-1)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though the Cougars lost, I believe they earned the respect they deserve. I think they will finish out 7-3 and hopefully make some noise in the playoffs

You dont earn respect losing against MC. This isnt the 90s. Congrats Warriors on the win. A much improved season. Im glad to see you guys winning again. I have been to a couple of games this year, and you cant beat the atmosphere. It doesnt matter if your from SP or Jasper football is what its about. Hopefully you guys will keep improving, and we will see some better SP Marion games down the road.

Edited by NoCompetition2

I'm just saying nobody on here even though Basin would be in the game and they almost came out with the W. I'm not saying give them the respect like SP has but respect the fact that they are a good football team and not a pushover.

Basin is a good football team. All the people saying it would be a blowout were from south pitt. Are y'all good at sps level? No, but y'all are definitely a top ten single a school. Got some good lookin kids on your team. Mc stayed in it early with the pass, but a steady dose of zemen in the end sealed the deal. Good luck the rest of the season

I'm just saying nobody on here even though Basin would be in the game and they almost came out with the W. I'm not saying give them the respect like SP has but respect the fact that they are a good football team and not a pushover.

That is fair. Good luck the rest of the season.

Edited by NoCompetition2

Last year down 14-0 mc would have laid down. Tonight, they fought back and ended up being up by two tds early in the third, but each time basin would hit a huge play and our guys would be out of position. Basin showed the grit late that marion showed early. They could have easily layed down. 15, 1, 10 and 5 were great players for copper basin. They also had a big line.

I didn't think CB would be horrible but they surprised me at how much better they are. The QB is a work horse and the backs had respectable speed. Their highly talked about run defense let them down somewhat. BZ carried 25 times for 217 yds, most of which he gained after first contact. Surprising stat of the night was 130+ passing yards for MC in the first half. Not sure what the final stats were but another impressive night offensively. TTP was absolutely correct, these guys would have folded the tent and checked out when they fell behind by 14 pts last year. Great job by the coaches of keeping them motivated and focused. It's good to see them not giving up on themselves Nd each other!!! Go Warriors.