Who is the best team in "RURAL" West Tn regardless of classification?

slapper

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my list of front runners! Give your opinion and why or how you think your pick would beat the others on the list!!!

Front Runners:

Jackson North Side

USJ

Covington

South Gibson

Lexington

Milan

Huntingdon

Dresden

I agree for the most part, but there are some teams that should be there.

1. Jackson North Side

2. South Gibson

3. Covington

4. USJ

5. Milan

6. Lexington

7. Huntingdon

8. Hardin Co.

9. Dresden

10. Dyersburg

Here is my list of front runners! Give your opinion and why or how you think your pick would beat the others on the list!!!

Front Runners:

Jackson North Side

USJ

Covington

South Gibson

Lexington

Milan

Huntingdon

Dresden

Huntingdon, Dresden, South Gibson, and USJ lose to Henry County 10 out of 10 times......therefore,...you have one giant omission at the top....behind Northside....also, Liberty beats half of these teams 5 out of 7..

"Covington seems like a more complete team with many weapons and major college talent. They can beat you in all aspects of the game. With N. Side, Adam Craig is their main weapon.... as he goes.... so does N. Side. Covingtion will make a deep run in the playoffs.... at least Semi-finals."

I have heard the statement, "Adam Craig is the key to North Side, as he goes, North Side goes", several times, but isnt that the case anytime you have a star, especially at QB when running the spread offense. Wouldnt the same thing be said about Charlie High at CAK or Jalen Hurd at Beech or Corn Elder at Ensworth or Jacob Warbritton at Huntington? I just havent figured out the logic behind the statement! According to the stats, Adam Craig has thrown TD passes to 6 different WR's. Not to mention the fact that North Side has an extremely good Tailback but hasnt had to use him. You can tell they have limited his carries to conserve his energy for defense because he is also their best defensive player. I do agree that as Adam Craig goes, so does North Side cause he is the one pulling the trigger. But that gun has got to have some bullets and North Side has a bunch of them.

Huntingdon, Dresden, South Gibson, and USJ lose to Henry County 10 out of 10 times......therefore,...you have one giant omission at the top....behind Northside....also, Liberty beats half of these teams 5 out of 7..

Your assessment is correct as it should be, given our size and talent level BUT are we Middle Tn or West Tn? I say we are rural Middle TN and apparently so does the Jackson Sun. That's why most have omitted us from this thread.

"Covington seems like a more complete team with many weapons and major college talent. They can beat you in all aspects of the game. With N. Side, Adam Craig is their main weapon.... as he goes.... so does N. Side. Covingtion will make a deep run in the playoffs.... at least Semi-finals."

I have heard the statement, "Adam Craig is the key to North Side, as he goes, North Side goes", several times, but isnt that the case anytime you have a star, especially at QB when running the spread offense. Wouldnt the same thing be said about Charlie High at CAK or Jalen Hurd at Beech or Corn Elder at Ensworth or Jacob Warbritton at Huntington? I just havent figured out the logic behind the statement! According to the stats, Adam Craig has thrown TD passes to 6 different WR's. Not to mention the fact that North Side has an extremely good Tailback but hasnt had to use him. You can tell they have limited his carries to conserve his energy for defense because he is also their best defensive player. I do agree that as Adam Craig goes, so does North Side cause he is the one pulling the trigger. But that gun has got to have some bullets and North Side has a bunch of them.

When the "Rural West TN" flagship high school sports radio station makes mention of "rural West TN" teams.....Henry County is always included in this discussion. The Jackson Sun's position is simple, Paris has its own daily paper making the Jackson Sun a poor seller in Henry County. All other communities have weekly or bi-weekly papers....regardless, HC and Northside are the top of any discussion about West Tennessee high school football....