Who is the best team in "RURAL" West Tn regardless of classification?

slapper

I've seen them play once and they lost but I came away impressed. i just am really surprised at what they've done given their recent struggles. You are obviously at an advantage because in your position you may be allowed to sit in on a pregame talk, but that would never be extended to me.

What did Milan and Covington look like last night?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard him talk to a civic club his first year in Paris. I could have plowed a dumptruck with a skateboard when it was over. My heart rate gets up a little right now just thinking about it.

It sounds like I need to somehow sneak into the locker room or attend a civic club in Trenton when he's talking then. You have me intrigued now. What is it about the guy that creates that effect?

What did Milan and Covington look like last night?

Milan look like they always do and pretty much like they did in your Jamboree (I was there). The Coleman kid is a great one and I believe they win the game without the second half turnovers. Covington however, is relentless on both sides of the ball and I think the best overall team won.

It sounds like I need to somehow sneak into the locker room or attend a civic club in Trenton when he's talking then. You have me intrigued now. What is it about the guy that creates that effect?

Don't know. He told stories of prior kids' heroics on the field. Just makes you feel like you want to be one of those people he remembers. Nothing like a rah rah speech. He has the knack of looking at someone, telling them they can do something, and they believe it.

I heard Covington was the real deal. My guess was they'd beat Milan badly, but Milan always seems to be Milan.

Don't know. He told stories of prior kids' heroics on the field. Just makes you feel like you want to be one of those people he remembers. Nothing like a rah rah speech. He has the knack of looking at someone, telling them they can do something, and they believe it.

I heard Covington was the real deal. My guess was they'd beat Milan badly, but Milan always seems to be Milan.

The Jackson Sun wrote an article about him in the first few years he was at HC and he has quite a knack for turning programs around dramatically and quickly. I've never met him but after reading that article I actually hoped he would take a job in Jackson or close to Jackson so I could watch him at work. I never realized it would actually happen. He sounds like someone I would loved to have played for.

Enforcer, who are you taking in the Huntingdon/Dresden game next Friday? I have not looked yet, but it may be that this game is part of the big ones contest and I must pick a winner. Believe it or not, I value your opinion. Who wins and why?

I'm surprised that you value my opinion and I would like to know why you do. I think that neither team is as good as they were a year ago but both are very good. I'm pretty certain that the game is in Huntingdon. Since each team isn't quite as good as last year and Huntingdon handled them last year, I expect Huntingdon to win this game. Both are well coached but I think Huntingdon simply has the better players and too much beef up front.

Covington is the real deal! I've seen them play now 3 times and I find it hard to believe that any team could beat them more than 3 or 4 times out of 10. They seem to be the team with the most college talent in rural west Tennessee. They should have destroyed Milan,and would have if not for a few penalties bringing back touchdowns and 2 dropped passes from receivers that were wide open. I think that they have to be either 1 or 2 when ranking best rural west TN teams.

Covington is the real deal! I've seen them play now 3 times and I find it hard to believe that any team could beat them more than 3 or 4 times out of 10. They seem to be the team with the most college talent in rural west Tennessee. They should have destroyed Milan,and would have if not for a few penalties bringing back touchdowns and 2 dropped passes from receivers that were wide open. I think that they have to be either 1 or 2 when ranking best rural west TN teams.

I agree Covington is the real deal. In Fact, I hope I'm the first who isn't a homer to predict Covington will bring the coveted, or should I say covingted, state title home this year.

I haven't been to Covington in years. My question is this, 'is Covington still rural?'. My gut feeling is it is borderline rural at best. So, are you more like Henning or are you more like Millington? You can use the following as a guideline:

1 Large hospitals, especially not 2 large hospitals

2 Sam's Clubs

3 Chain restaurants with table cloths

4 More than one college

5 Private high schools

6 More than one high school

7 Commercial airports

8 Malls

9 More than one movie theatre

10 YMCAs

11 Public transportation

12 Television stations

13 6 lane roads

14 Murder rates

15 Professional sports teams

16 Coliseums

17 Chain book stores

18 Symphony orchestras

19 Gander Mountains

20 Interstates

Any ONE of the above impeaches your impression that you are still rural. I hope you are! What say you?