Brentwood vs. Blackman

MyHumbleOpinion

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was informed of this thread so i decided to add my 2 cents, which are probably worthless. Coach Robbins knows more about the passing game than most. I am sure Shad and Robbins let personnel dictate what they feel they can and should do.

As far as the QB situation, my son has been sidelined for 4 weeks. He tried to play in the Signal Mountain game and couldn't lift his arm above his shoulder. It became obvious that he couldn't play and Dr Johns called Shadowens to let him know Matt needed time to heal from the ribs and a stress fracture to his foot that happened during the Independence game. Matt was cleared to play last Thursday but hasn't received many reps and isn't probable. He doesn't have an "attitude problem" however he has been discipline for a violation of team rules. During the Oakland loss he wasn't dressed out but was listening to music while watching the game. He has been trying to work his way out of the "dog house" and it might not happen this year. It has been frustrating but some lessons are tough but effect great change in the lives of teens. There isn't a question by coaches as to his talent level.

My son respects and dearly loves coach Robbins, he has learned much. If you want to know what Robbins thinks about #16's ability, ask him instead of making assumptions as to what he and Shadowns think. Go Blackman, beat Brentwood, Lavergne,, and make a playoff run!

Oh, i don't hide behind anonymous post.

'ANY' team would be lucky to have Coach Robbins as its QB Coach. He is a LARGE part of Shad's success. While he may not have made the calls, you can bet he taught Shad the passing plays that were called.

Now as to which particular QB is playing, it could be for a number of issues both on and OFF the field. Also 'attitude' may have something to do with it to go along with Boo Boo ribs.

Good Luck Blackman. Pulling for Ruth County in this one.

Edited by thereal411

leave it to LOD. sure wish he would look for some facts before spouting off.

I don't think he was too far off the mark. If a kid isn't cleared until last Thursday, how does he play in the game 3 weeks ago? Sounds like a scramble to make a new screen name to save a little face. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened on CoachT.

Bud, your off mark. My name is Richard Williams, come say hello. He wouldn't have been able to play 3 weeks ago, not medically cleared even though in his mind he wanted to try. Chase has done a serviceable job at QB and therefore it might be difficult for #16 to get playing time.

The last game #16 played in was 0n 9/7 against Signal Mountain, he shouldn't have played but downplayed his injury to everyone including me. Dr. Johns is knowledgeable and understands the extent of his injuries. Matt cleaned up in the Smyrna game, which is progress considering he is currently listed as the 3 string QB and trying diligently to work his way out of the "dog house". It's your prerogative to believe his talent level is 3 string but stop trying to achieve an agenda concerning my son.

I don't think he was too far off the mark. If a kid isn't cleared until last Thursday, how does he play in the game 3 weeks ago? Sounds like a scramble to make a new screen name to save a little face. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened on CoachT.

Bud, your off mark. My name is Richard Williams, come say hello. He wouldn't have been able to play 3 weeks ago, not medically cleared even though in his mind he wanted to try. Chase has done a serviceable job at QB and therefore it might be difficult for #16 to get playing time.

The last game #16 played in was 0n 9/7 against Signal Mountain, he shouldn't have played but downplayed his injury to everyone including me. Dr. Johns is knowledgeable and understands the extent of his injuries. Matt cleaned up in the Smyrna game, which is progress considering he is currently listed as the 3 string QB and trying diligently to work his way out of the "dog house". It's your prerogative to believe his talent level is 3 string but stop trying to achieve an agenda concerning my son.

So, he did play or he didn't play 3 weeks ago against Smyrna? If he wasn't medically cleared, why was he allowed to "clean up"?

I can assure you, I have NO agenda towards your son. I just speak up when people get on here trashing on coaches and players of the team that I support. I don't have a dog in that fight, and won't for a couple of years. I just call them like I see them. Sometimes I see them right, sometimes not. However, I don't think I am too far off here. And, just for the record, I don't think his talent is 3rd string, bud.

Edited by blazeburnin

#16 is gonna be fine. There a LOT of us at Blackman that are rooting for him to be extremely successful. Probably not as much as his dad, but not a whole lot less either. popcorneater.gif

Well said.....Back to the original topic of the post. It is gameday! What are you thinking mkd??? Brentwood has steamrolled everybody on their schedule, but what exactly is their schedule? Kreager predicted a close one. If we can limit turnovers, I think it should be. You can't give an offense like that extra possessions.

Well said.....Back to the original topic of the post. It is gameday! What are you thinking mkd??? Brentwood has steamrolled everybody on their schedule, but what exactly is their schedule? Kreager predicted a close one. If we can limit turnovers, I think it should be. You can't give an offense like that extra possessions.

And you are going to have to take a few of their possesions away. This going to be a battle. Blackman's D-line has to answer the bell early and often in this one. Good luck Blaze!

Edited by milo118

#16 was cleared medically to play Thursday before the Smyrna game. If you had comprehended all that was said you would have noted that he didn't receive many reps during that week. In addition, it was stated he violated a team rule while injured that has hampered his return. He has diligently been working his way back to contribute to the team if needed. I haven't said ANYTHING negative toward a player or coach in this forum therefore your assumption is baseless and strictly conjecture.

So, he did play or he didn't play 3 weeks ago against Smyrna? If he wasn't medically cleared, why was he allowed to "clean up"?

I can assure you, I have NO agenda towards your son. I just speak up when people get on here trashing on coaches and players of the team that I support. I don't have a dog in that fight, and won't for a couple of years. I just call them like I see them. Sometimes I see them right, sometimes not. However, I don't think I am too far off here. And, just for the record, I don't think his talent is 3rd string, bud.

Edited by thereal411