Wilson Central vs Mt Juliet (Thursday Night Lights)

VandyFan7

Correct me, because I may be wrong (serious), but weren't Cookeville/MJ tied 24 apiece at one point in the 3rd or 4th quarter? Granted they came back and won by nearly 20, but that still made the game very highly in question.

The fact remains that 3 sub-.500 teams have nearly beat Mt. Juliet. That's all I'm pointing out.

Did Portland nearly beat Wilson Central? You betcha, however I can't think of any other team that has been anywhere close to beating Wilson Central besides the obvious loss to Beech.

That's my whole point. You can take it as it is.

I understand where you are coming from now. We just differ on how we consider things. MJ and Cookeville were tied early in the 3rd.

I think you can throw the records, scoring margins, and stats out for this game. This is what high school football is all about. A great cross town rivalry with two good teams at 8-1.

There is a very good chance we will face each other again within the next couple of weeks in the playoffs.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the prediction of the lopsided victory for WC by StatMan. I dont know where you could see a lopsided win by either team, but its you opinion.

Both teams are good and have big play capability. There is a lot at stake in the game and should be an exciting one to watch. I have seen both teams play and would say that this is going to be a great match-up. WC has a big offensive line and fairly big D line. MJ has an undersized offensive line and a fairly big D line. Backs (offensive and D backs) for both teams are very good and explosive. I might be "crazy", but it could come down to special teams. Havent seen either team enough to know who has the advantage in that one.

I think you can throw the records, scoring margins, and stats out for this game. This is what high school football is all about. A great cross town rivalry with two good teams at 8-1.

There is a very good chance we will face each other again within the next couple of weeks in the playoffs.

100% agree.

As for playoffs, you ain't kidding. We could easily see both of these teams meet again in two weeks

With Brentwood losing to Blackman; there could be a chance that the winner of our game is #1 seed in quad 3.

A possibility, yes, which we will find out tomorrow from the TSSAA where the quad standings are. It really depends on if they move anyone else into Quad 3 from the west.

However, you are definitely right there. The winner Thursday (because of the quality loss to Beech, instead of a loss to a near-.500 Blackman) could be pushed into the #1 seed.

Oh man, lol, now I'm excited to see TSSAA's playoff update tomorrow

I love the prediction of the lopsided victory for WC by StatMan. I dont know where you could see a lopsided win by either team, but its you opinion.

Both teams are good and have big play capability. There is a lot at stake in the game and should be an exciting one to watch. I have seen both teams play and would say that this is going to be a great match-up. WC has a big offensive line and fairly big D line. MJ has an undersized offensive line and a fairly big D line. Backs (offensive and D backs) for both teams are very good and explosive. I might be "crazy", but it could come down to special teams. Havent seen either team enough to know who has the advantage in that one.

I agree,I don't see a lopsided victory.Obviously,both teams are very good and this is an important game.i believe it will be a close very good game.Every player on WC has stepped it up this year.The team has done a great job,Its exciting to see them be where they are.

Winner of the game will not be seeded higher than a 3 seed. District winners (Dickson and Brentwood) will be seeded ahead if either are in quad 3.

DIckson was in Quad 4 last week and you're right about Brentwood, though, as Brentwood has Franklin left to play. SO, unless Franklin beats Brentwood, you're dead on right about that #1 seed.

2 seed isn't out of the question, though

Edited by StatManTN