District 3A and Region 2A top teams

gpride

Here is the way i see it in District 3A

1. Grace Christian-Only lost one player from last years runner-up team. Still very young team. No seniors

2. Greenback-lost one starter but she was really good. New coach New style should be better

3. Tellico Plains--lost some really good players but still have good perimeter players

4. Rockwood- Solid group coming back with one of the top guards in the district

5. Midway--Lost alot to graduation but have some good young players

6. Harriman--Lost most of scoring when they lost the big girl. Some good young players coming in

7. Berean--will stuggle to compete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

District 4

1. Wartburg

2. Oliver Springs

3. Oneida

4. Oakdale

5. Coalfield

6. Sunbright

7. Jellico

Region 2 Top Four

1. Wartburg

2. Grace

3.Greenback

4. Toss up Oliver springs and Tellico Plaines

After seeing some of these teams play this year I need to make some changes.

District 4

1.Oliver springs

2.Oneida

3.Wartburg

4.Oakdale

5.Coalfield

6.Jellico

7.Sunbright

Region 2

1. Oliver Springs or Grace

3.Tellico Plaines

4.Toss Up

I agree with you G-pride, only thing is I feel Wartburg still needs to be watched they are shooting right now in the teens from the floor and I just don't think this is something that these kids have done over their playing careers, I'd look for them to gel after christmas and become a threat in the region following some more growing up. They are still one of the biggest teams in the region and once they figure it out could be a matchup problem for most teams.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you G-pride, only thing is I feel Wartburg still needs to be watched they are shooting right now in the teens from the floor and I just don't think this is something that these kids have done over their playing careers, I'd look for them to gel after christmas and become a threat in the region following some more growing up. They are still one of the biggest teams in the region and once they figure it out could be a matchup problem for most teams.

They have shown in the past to get stronger as the year goes on but this year they just dont seem to have the talent. Are they young? I stil think it will be Oliver Springs, Grace and Tellico as the top in the Region and keep an eye on Midway. They arent bad and they are young and could upset someone.

• 4 weeks later...

Oliver Springs is playing well right now and I believe thet are the team to beat in region. Grace has lost 3 starters to injury and lost at Midway without them but has 2 back now and 3rd back in 2 weeks so should be back to full speed soon. Still think they will win district and fight for region 1 or 2. Grace is very young and starting 3 freshman and 1 soph and 1 junior right now

• 4 weeks later...

Great night at Midway last night. First game Grace beat Harriman by 5 in a game that Harriman played a really good game. Grace showed effects of 10 days without playing and without thier sixth man (out with an ankle injury) but pulled it out. The second game went into over time with Tellico hitting a 2 point shot at the buzzer to tie it up and got fouled. She went to the line to win it with no time left but missed the free throw forcing over time. Midway won but tried to give it away by missing free throws. Should be a great final.