BRAC 2013

football fan33

I know that everyone is excited about the playoffs and where their team will be seeded. I get it, as a WG fan, I can attest to the excitement. However, I just took a peek at the classifications for next year, and it appears that South Greene has been reclassified as 2A in all sports. This puts them out of the 2A/3A football conference, the BRAC, as it pertains to this topic. We all knew this was most likely going to happen, but what does this entail for the BRAC? Will Greeneville move up, or can they? And, who will replace SG and possibly GHS? Here are my predictions with just SG gone.

BRAC 2013

Cumberland Gap

Grainger

West Greene

Chuckey-Doak

Greeneville

(Extra Non-Conference OR Gatlinburg-Pittman)

Shed some light, please.

Edited by football fan33

To add to this, Sullivan South moves to 4A next year, as does Elizabethton and Unicoi County. I'm not sure how the TSSAA is going to align these schools for their regular season games either, but it will definitely change the playoffs. With South Greene moving down to 2A, I'm curious to see how the BRAC is set as well.

Don't be surprised if its not Gatlinburg-Pittman that moves to the BRAC but Union County. Union Co was in the same district with Grainger and Claiborne before the BRAC. If Gatlinburg-Pittman was to move to the BRAC, Pigeon Forge would probably have to come with them.

Also, I doubt Greeneville is going anywhere.