Sequoyah @ DeKalb 1st Rd

Stealer007

Backup a sophomore, not very big. #8 Patterson. If they did throw would be very short to intermediate passes. I don't think #23 Chapman or #1 Molander are 100% healthy. Both bum ankles. #20 Milan most explosive back, the playmaker, has problems hanging onto ball sometimes and loves to run outside. Defense blitzes like crazy all the time.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard how Phillips is doing?

Hear he is sore but going to be well enough to give it a go Friday. He has a lot of heart. Range of motion is supposedly pretty good. Probably won't know true condition till mid week. A lot of kids were playing hurt or sick Friday. This time of year, health is a major factor. Pray for speedy recoveries.

Not being negative Antwan. Have u seen our backup. Phillips is the engine that makes the train go.

Generally I would disagree with saying something like that, but I have to agree the backup just doesn't seem ready for a big game. When he goes in at the end of games we're winning big the plays are all run plays. Still has poor decision making.

Dekalb has a chance to beat the Chiefs without Phillips...but no chance to beat LA next week. I don't think I would let him play this week if he is not 100%.

Tough spot because our top 4 or 5 players all have some type of issue. I agree we must have Phillips to beat LA but he is a high school kid and it will be hard for anyone to keep him out. Edited by smithvilleballer

What grade level is the back up? just trying to figure out what we are going to be facing.

If Phillips is healthy then there are quite a few weapons to worry about. If the back up plays he's a sophomore and I'd say we will run the ball alot. This is one of our big playmakers, just giving an example of what you might see. From the first 7 games this season.