Liberty Magnet vs CAK

Record (12-5-3) (21-0-1)

Schedule Strength 74th 9th

A-AA Strength Rank 26th 1st

Most Offense Rank (Pts/Game Avg)

Best Defense Rank (Pts/Game Avg) .3

% Opponents w/ Losing Records 39% 25%

Sorry for the alignment girls

......If you believe in numbers, then here are you some numbers to ponder and use for conversation before Wednesday. Most of these stats came from CoachT, some I did myselficon_twisted.gif

*Most Offense and Defense Rankings were only of the Top 20 in all State Divisions, if you need to know a Points/Game Avg for Offense and Defense:

Add the total number of points scored or scored against you Divded by the Number of games played.

1. CAK & CCS have to be thrilled to the gills with the Day 1 blind drawing icon_question.gif (no disrespect to Liberty and Elizabethton). I am happy for all the girls and maybe you can pull off the enormous upset at the top and bottom of the day; but not likely.

2. On paper; no doubt your money and time will be better spent on the two middle games which appear to be the best Day 1 match-ups...... with the best matched up game being ND and the very public WH.

Hoping Boogerette brings her A Game! Booger is glad to be at the dance and to have my Smiley Faces backicon_mrgreen.gif

Edited by Booger

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Boog-

I like your stats, especially the % Opponents with losing records...puts a little more light on the records....Interesting, that only Notre Dame is in the single digits with that one....who knows, may have even been lower if Baylor and Grace had bothered to try and play us....but we'll never know.....(Nope...not going to let it go!)...Notre Dame has the least number of games under their belts this season due to that....Notre Dame at only 18...CCS come in with 23 !

D

Big Boog-

I like your stats, especially the % Opponents with losing records...puts a little more light on the records....Interesting, that only Notre Dame is in the single digits with that one....who knows, may have even been lower if Baylor and Grace had bothered to try and play us....but we'll never know.....(Nope...not going to let it go!)...Notre Dame has the least number of games under their belts this season due to that....Notre Dame at only 18...CCS come in with 23 !

D

I personally would have them both posted a forfeit. The again I am not exactly how the grace scheduling came about, but Baylor simply ran from us. PERIOD. Our coach has more class than me icon_twisted.gif and will probably let it lie.

Great job on putting the numbers together. It is nice to see how it plays out on paper. IMO you have to be careful when looking at the % of teams with losing records, especialy when you are talking about the public schools. We can do nothing to help improve the district/region we play in, all we can do is get the job done and schedule better competition out of district which i know the Lady Devils have done.

Great job on putting the numbers together. It is nice to see how it plays out on paper. IMO you have to be careful when looking at the % of teams with losing records, especialy when you are talking about the public schools. We can do nothing to help improve the district/region we play in, all we can do is get the job done and schedule better competition out of district which i know the Lady Devils have done.

Yep..Agree that WH knows what they need to do to get prepared, and has taken on some big teams outside of the box...Franklin and Brentwood come to mind...

Notre Dame has the same philosophy and has only two losses this season...Early on loss to Oak Ridge (Darn you Akula!) and to GPS (playing in state semis Friday...GPS is my pick for Div II-AA champ), held Soddy Daisy to a tie (Last minute goal by SD...They playing in AAA Quarter finals tomorrow)

Both teams are fired up I am sure...Let the games begin!!!

Your statement is true for any team in Division 1. True, ND plays in District 7 which has 3 of the top 10 teams in the state lately, but that only accounts for 2 regular season games. Our coach makes sure that every game out of district prepares the team for this week. To your point, though, because our district has so few soccer playing schools, ND has a better opportunity to schedule tougher teams.

CPA has it going on...Live coverage of their QuarterFinal game vs. Sacred Heart tomorrow...

http://www.tssaanetw...pa/events/43911

and for those wanting to scout Sacred Heart...Sacred Heart vs. University School -Jackson on Sept 11,2012...6-0 UNJ

http://www.tssaanetwork.com/usj/events/39799

Edited by CHAMPDDS

Not sure we want the WH fans getting too 'happy' prior to the gamedry.png...

...do you want suggestions on a good burger, pizza, brews, etc? CCS is just a few minutes from downtown where there are lots of eateries, just a straight shot on Broad street....there is not much other than fast food immediately close to CCS....My favorite hangouts that are just outside of downtown:

CRUSTS PIZZA- (real close to CCS actually) Great thin crust pizza, many styles, okay beer selection for us beer snobs

Terminal Brewhouse- Eclectic Menu, decent burgers, pizza, microbrew beers of their own..nice

Blacksmiths- near CCS ...Booger mentioned this, never been myself...

Urban Stack- My favorite hamburger joint, eclectic styles, great microbeer selection...

I have more thought if these don't sound good..

D

Edited by CHAMPDDS