DeKalb Co. Season Thoughts

TigerPride23

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be joking right?!? LMAO

No? Really, if we can do decent in the district and region tournament, there's a very good chance of making it to state. If you look at what substate game we could have(Howard?) We DO have a chance at making it, even though the Chattanooga area teams are strong. No one's saying that LA can't. Remember, two teams from the same district can make it to state.

I'm not saying that they can't make it but its similar to the football team in that its hard to bust on the scene and just do it one year. I think their guard play has to be better than last year to make it that far. The reason no one says that LA can't make it to state is that they done it multiple times. Correct me if I'm wrong but DC hasn't even been to the Sub-State in 20 years or something. Talent is there but as you said in another post.......

I do feel that we've been right on the cusp for the past two years. Both years we've lost one game short of substate, and I feel that we can break through this year. I guess that's the difference I'm seeing between the basketball and football team. This basketball season has been a couple of years in the making...

Basketball is MUCH different than football due to the number of players on the court. Breaking thru only requires one guy to get hot for a couple games and you can find yourself at state. Winning a gold ball is a completely different proposition.

This team will play hard. It would be nice if it were a bit more balanced and less dependent upon the 3. That actually reminds me of our football team's reliance on the pass. IF we can become a bit more balanced, then I would say we have as legitimate a shot as anyone in the region to make it to state. Without balance, it will require someone getting hot at the right time for two to three games. We don't have a dominant playmaker who can take over a game so getting the hot man the ball can be more difficult for DC than someone with a college prospect point guard.

I think our team can be good and potentially really good defensively. It should be a fun year.

DC beat Warren tonight 60-55 (I think). Very sloppy game. Our D was lackluster once again and we had several technical fouls. I thought Warren looked better than they did over the weekend, though. Guess that's how rivalry games go..I think gritty, close games may be better for us in the long run, though.

Edited by dctiger