DISTRICT 10A BASEBALL

BaseballAlumni12

You must be ignorant to say that Eagleville had nothing on him. Last time I checked Eagleville won the game and lost in the State Championship. Yes he is good, but Eagleville did hit him, but a lot of the hits were at people, this district will be wide open I think. WHH is good, but if they want a chance to win, they sure better hit a heck of a lot better than they did in that game with Eagleville last year, I don't remember them doing much at all, and they sure didn't execute in key situations.

Eagleville is a good team, I'm not trying to take that away from them. All i'm saying is that if Evan was a year older then it would have been a different story pitching wise. Granted, you are right about the hitting thing though. Heritage hit terribly against Eagleville. They hadn't seen anything like that pitcher before. That will be a different story this year though, especially with Heritage having 10+ games on the season so far with 3A teams.

White House Heritage shut Nashville Christian down all 4 times they played last season. White House Heritage had a slip up the 1st inning of the Championship game with one of the pitchers, but they brought Logan Piercefield into pitch in the 2nd and it was a shut-out from there.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that Nashville Christian will surprise a lot of people this year in the District this year. NCS only graduated 3 Seniors last season one of there only Sr from last year's team is playing baseball at the College Leavl and that was there LHP stud from last season. But the other to SR's were just as good. Now let focus on this years team for NCS they have a lot of pitching coming back for sure. This years pitching staff is young, but they got to learn a lot from those to Sr pitchers from last season a lot. NCS has another LHP that is a Sophomore this year that will be seeing a lot of inning's this year he got a lot of experience behind the SR LHP from last season. And I think He will give a lot of people this year in 10A a head aches. The NCS staff this year is young but they have more depth than last season squad. The next thing to look for for this years team is that the most of the deffsen this year will be returning because most of the team was young last year. There impact players this year will be the Sr's they will have to lead another young team again. but I think they will be more offsasen team this year that will sock people this season going into the the District. I will have NCS going to there 9th time to the Region's here are my picks this Season

WWH

NCS

CA

JB

HC

ERHS

MCHS Good luck this Season 10A Baseball

• 3 weeks later...

Any more recent news on 10A Baseball?

Asks the man named "10ABaseball"! We should be decent at CA this year. Certainly young, but our players will know how to play the game, and we should be able to put the bat on the ball, although we won't have an abundance of power hitters. We have a very solid group of freshmen coming up, and a core of upperclassmen waiting in the wings from last year. Plus, a transfer or two will be in the mix. We may be a little bit better than I originally anticipated earlly in the season....I suspect by season end we will be in the mix.

This CA team will feature a group of boys that does not have that much playing time together as a result of the large group of senior starters that graduated last year. But this group is talented, and I fully expect them to grow together into a solid team.

I'm excited to get the season going and see what everybody around 10A has got. I'd expect WHH and NCS to lead the pack, and CA to be right there in the mix as the season goes on, but WHH and NCS would by my odds on favorites.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very excited to see the Clarksville Academy and East Robertson game. That should be very exciting. East Robertson looks like they are going to have a heavy Junior class this year. Two junior pitchers for East should be starting the two games. Both of these boys have a really good sense of accuracy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It seems that the district has taken a turn in a strange direction. Nashville Christian hasn't showed us much. Heritage has been showing up here lately. Jo Byrns has also been pretty impressive. McEwen is still struggling... Clarksville Academy has had a pretty strong start, just gotta see if they keep it up. Houston County gave Heritage a wake up call. It's up in the air still. Even though most predictions have been mixed all around!