D2 A 2013 Schedules.

D2A

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like predictions are that BGA and Friendship will come to this division and do extremely well right off. Havent looked at Friendship yet but BGA lost their last 7 ballgames and graduated 11 seniors. They had only 4 wins and none of which was against a team with a winning record. Say what you want about crossing divisions but losing is losing. Losing is as infectious as winning is.

D2A has quailty football and i think people may be expecting a little too much from the 2 newest members.

FC has been dominating in their division in years past. They appear to have graduated 10 seniors and of the 5 juniors that were listed on the roster, 2 of them were listed as kickers. That info may not be accurate as it doesn't come from the school official website. Looks to be a young team playing in the new division this year. Im sure they have a great football mentality though and the new competition will be welcomed. I just think the earlier posted 10-0 prediction may be too ambitious.

Looks like predictions are that BGA and Friendship will come to this division and do extremely well right off. Havent looked at Friendship yet but BGA lost their last 7 ballgames and graduated 11 seniors. They had only 4 wins and none of which was against a team with a winning record. Say what you want about crossing divisions but losing is losing. Losing is as infectious as winning is.

I have no idea how BGA will do this year in D2-A, but your comments about their record last year are way out of line. Sure, BGA lost its last 7 games, but those losses were to , in order, MBA, Ensworth, McCallie, Brentwood Academy, Father Ryan and Baylor (twice) - I am pretty sure no other D2-A team played even one of those teams last year, let alone 7 in a row. If you think that any of the other D2-A teams would have fared any better against that schedule, I have a bridge to sell you.

History shows that a team moving down from D2-AA can have great success in D2-A; in fact, Knox Webb won two state championships in a row (and, if I am not mistaken, 3 out of 4) immediately after going 0-5 in D2-AA region games in 2008. I am not saying that will happen with BGA, I am just saying that it will be good to see them have a chance to compete.

FC has been dominating in their division in years past. They appear to have graduated 10 seniors and of the 5 juniors that were listed on the roster, 2 of them were listed as kickers. That info may not be accurate as it doesn't come from the school official website. Looks to be a young team playing in the new division this year. Im sure they have a great football mentality though and the new competition will be welcomed. I just think the earlier posted 10-0 prediction may be too ambitious.

They could very well lose to Webb, but other than Webb, They should be favored in every other D2A game on their schedule. Do you disagree?

I have no idea how BGA will do this year in D2-A, but your comments about their record last year are way out of line. Sure, BGA lost its last 7 games, but those losses were to , in order, MBA, Ensworth, McCallie, Brentwood Academy, Father Ryan and Baylor (twice) - I am pretty sure no other D2-A team played even one of those teams last year, let alone 7 in a row. If you think that any of the other D2-A teams would have fared any better against that schedule, I have a bridge to sell you.

History shows that a team moving down from D2-AA can have great success in D2-A; in fact, Knox Webb won two state championships in a row (and, if I am not mistaken, 3 out of 4) immediately after going 0-5 in D2-AA region games in 2008. I am not saying that will happen with BGA, I am just saying that it will be good to see them have a chance to compete.

Webb had a down year in 2008 going 1-5 not 0-5. But in 2007 Webb went 4-2 in the same division. Every year is different and just because a team did poorly one year doesn't mean they would the next. Webb has a winning tradition so having one losing year didn't dictate much. BGA will be a contender for sure in single A although Webb has beat them 4 out of the last 5 meetings.

TO THE WEBB PREDICTIONS FOR THE SEASON:

If you really thiink Webb is going to LOSE to CAK, FC, and BGA in the same year you are strongly mistaken my friend. Coach David Meske (5 Time State Champion), Todd Kelly Jr. (4 Star Rivals Safety, Mr Football Winner, and Tennessee commitment), Brandt Mitchell (Offers from Tennessee and Vanderbilt), and the other 17 returning starters will have something to say about that. Webb would have beat FC convincingly last year IMO and CAK loses every starter going into the 2013 season. I dont know much about BGA last year or this year except they played in the toughest division in the state in 2012. But i like the confidence and optimism.

If you really thiink Webb is going to LOSE to CAK, FC, and BGA in the same year you are strongly mistaken my friend. Coach David Meske (5 Time State Champion), Todd Kelly Jr. (4 Star Rivals Safety, Mr Football Winner, and Tennessee commitment), Brandt Mitchell (Offers from Tennessee and Vanderbilt), and the other 17 returning starters will have something to say about that. Webb would have beat FC convincingly last year IMO and CAK loses every starter going into the 2013 season. I dont know much about BGA last year or this year except they played in the toughest division in the state in 2012. But i like the confidence and optimism.

I was fully aware of who Coach Meske is when i made the prediction. I know all about TK. Im also pretty aware of what FC and BGA have on their rosters. Do you? Seems like you are making a prediction based on your bias towards Webb and not an objective view of each team. I dont have a bias towards either team. Obviously, i posted predictions on each team and i dont expect to be 100% right. Webb is a good team, those 4 wins i predicted them to have, could easily be 6-7.

Webb had a down year in 2008 going 1-5 not 0-5. But in 2007 Webb went 4-2 in the same division. Every year is different and just because a team did poorly one year doesn't mean they would the next. Webb has a winning tradition so having one losing year didn't dictate much. BGA will be a contender for sure in single A although Webb has beat them 4 out of the last 5 meetings.

Webb would not have beaten us convincingly this past year. We had the linemen and athletes last year to compete with y'all. This year may be a different story. We will be pretty good this year, but i'd say we'll lose to Webb and maybe one other team. Our line will be pretty weak and that is where you don't need to be weak at, so I'm guessing we are a top 4 team this year in D2A. We'll be young and probably get blown out by Webb in the regular season, but we'll be a lot better when playoff time rolls around.

I was fully aware of who Coach Meske is when i made the prediction. I know all about TK. Im also pretty aware of what FC and BGA have on their rosters. Do you? Seems like you are making a prediction based on your bias towards Webb and not an objective view of each team. I dont have a bias towards either team. Obviously, i posted predictions on each team and i dont expect to be 100% right. Webb is a good team, those 4 wins i predicted them to have, could easily be 6-7.

FC had a good team last year but schedule was not even as hard as the average Div-II-A schedule. Adamsville would have been .500 in the division at best and probably had a first round exit from the playoffs not going all the way to the state title game. Webb, ECS, St Georges, USJ, and maybe a few others would have had their way with the 2A state runner up. No i am not aware of what FC or BGA has coming back but im that confident in a Webb team loaded with Divison I college talent with one of the best coaches in the state and returning almost everyone on both sides of the ball. You can't tell me BGA, CAK,and FC all have more weapons enough to (ALL) beat Webb. These are also teams historically that have had losing records against Webb (CAK has never beat Webb) in the past (except FC havnt played them).

Edited by Spartan4Life

Webb would not have beaten us convincingly this past year. We had the linemen and athletes last year to compete with y'all. This year may be a different story. We will be pretty good this year, but i'd say we'll lose to Webb and maybe one other team. Our line will be pretty weak and that is where you don't need to be weak at, so I'm guessing we are a top 4 team this year in D2A. We'll be young and probably get blown out by Webb in the regular season, but we'll be a lot better when playoff time rolls around.

You are definately a top 5 team no doubt. I would put Webb, BGA, FC, St Georges, and ECS or USJ as the top teams. No particular order.

I watched both title games and I saw talent for FC i also saw a very very weak opponent that would have gotten blown out by Division II-A runner up ECS (who webb blew out in their title game).

Edited by Spartan4Life