Is it just me? Wrestlers and descent plan.

notscared

It seems as if matches are pointless now. I can't read a thread without the most famous line on CoachT "we don't have all of our starters". Has high school wrestling gone to a 2-4 week season?(Region and State) Is this healthy for the sport?

It does appear to be that way. I cant ever remember this many kids being out from so many different teams. Im sure some are valid injuries, sickness, weight descent. I do think our sport is becoming victim to the same thing that plagues the rest of our society though. Its often more about the individual protecting his record or not wrestling when hes 100% that putting the team and his friends first. I have heard complaints from some schools about certain kids that have done this regularly.

I think bradley08 is correct. yes there are some valid injuries and sicknesses. And after the summer (for ones who don't wrestle the off season) and ones that play football many times have the weight issues till Christmas it seems. But unfortunately, I do think some do try to "protect records" or don't give everything they have or don't even wrestle at times for some lame reason or another. For the tourneys happening yesterday I believe the ACT was a factor for many also. Which is aggravating but what can you do when you wrestle most Saturdays? My hats off to those that wrestle through it all (when physically possible). Those who push through injuries & feeling bad. They have 100% heart and thats what you have to have in this sport. You don't get better if you don't wrestle better people. So the ones who are record watching and things like that are liable to get left behind in the end.