Tri-County Seven- Week #7

coachh17

There are no changes in the rankings this week. I was tempted to move Cloudland ahead of Happy Valley, but the Lady Warriors' 31 point head-to-head win over the Lady Landers earlier in the season kept me from doing so.

1. Elizabethton- (AA) (13-3)- Got happy with huge wins over Sullivan East and Clinton. The undefeated JV sweetened things in Betsy Town beating Science Hill soundly. Wing Lauren McCarty is in a walking boot and out . I do not know for how long. Bradley, Isaacs, and Marosites will absorb those minutes. Have a big road game at Happy Valley this week on Friday. When this team is right they are hard to beat.

2. Hampton- (A) (14-4)- The Lady Dogs had to fight to hold this spot. Their double digit come from behind win at Unicoi County Saturday was impressive. Dugger is lighting it up. I still wish they had a little more depth, especially another post, but the first five are good. Host Johnson County Tuesday and visit a tough North Greene squad on Friday.

3. Unicoi County- (AA) (9-7)- The Lady Devils crushed Happy Valley Friday before letting Hampton wriggle of the hook Saturday. It appears to be a six player team right now. No games appear on the schedule this week.

4. Happy Valley- (AA) (8-7)- Coach Abel's team admittedly played poorly against Unicoi County after some recent success. The Lady Warriors must improve their rebounding and defense to win against good teams. Their next chance comes Friday when the #1 Lady Cyclones invade Warrior Hill. Holding here by virtue of heads up win over Cloudland.

5. Cloudland- (A) (6-9)- I am expecting a big second half run by the ladies on the mountain. They had a big win at North Greene to get them started. I have them as big favorites over Unaka and University High this week. Cosby and Hampton need to keep a close eye on the development of this team.

6. Unaka- (A) (9-9)- Lady Luck is no longer smiling upon Coach Wright's Lady Creekers. I assume they beat Hancock County, though no score was posted. I have heard that starting point guard Alicia Colbaugh suffered an injury in the Cosby loss and may be out awhile. Tuesday's game at Cloudland was tough enough already and will be double tough without Colbaugh. The Lady Rangers need a break.

7. Johnson County- (AA) (3-11)- It appears the Lady Horns are off the grid. If they played this week, I saw no reports. Two challenges await this week, as they visit Hampton Tuesday and East Friday. A win in either game would be a much needed boost.

Edited by coachh17

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to hear about Colbaugh. She was a lightening quick guard who made the rangers go.

Grade 1 AC Separation out 7 days thought the Landers would win either way but would've been more competitive with her in lineup. She's as tough as they come and a heckuva great kid too! Edited by bballfan05

Taking Cloudland tomoro by double digits could get ugly and Hampton by 14 over Johnson Co. close early and Dogs pull away late. I hear they are presenting Dorothy Dugger with her 1,500th point ball a great milestone for a great player and seems to be a great young lady as well. Congrats to her! Unicoi's only game this week is vs. Sullivan North but it's only a JV game since North is no longer playing a varsity schedule.

Edited by bballfan05

Cloudland won 50-31. I was surprised at the emergence of Kendall Mull at the guard slot. Good quickness and ability to score. Could very well be landers and dogs once again for the belt, whoooo!

heard it was tied after 3 is that right? if so what happened? Heard dogs won by 15 they've got a big one Friday @ NG

In the 4th, it looked like the lady rangers ran out of steam. They started turning the ball over and Rhodes and Wilson took over the game. They miss Colbaugh.

Yea you gotta have a good point guard to take control in those situations and her being a senior with experience is a difference maker. Nonetheless big conf win for your Landers tough break for Unaka they could've got a good hold of conf lead if they would've pulled it off.