Where will your School's talent sign to play College Football

wyattearp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CAK had 4 football players sign yesterday.

Josh Smith...UT

Bret Kendrick...UT

Davis Howell...UTC

Cory Rathbone...Center College (KY)

Charlie High accepted a preferred walk-on offer from UT (TTU had offered)

I wish he had gone to the OVC so he could have set every conference passing record out there. I hope he gets a "fair opportunity" at UT and isn't constantly "shunned" because he is a walk-on.

I wish he had gone to the OVC so he could have set every conference passing record out there. I hope he gets a "fair opportunity" at UT and isn't constantly "shunned" because he is a walk-on.

Back in the day I did the walk-on thing at UT vs playing in the OVC. Being a walk-on back then was like living in a different world, you were lucky if the coaches even knew your name or if you were granted access to the training room if you were injured. But I wasn't an invited walk-on, I just kind of bulled my way onto the team, ha. Not sure how it is now or how Coach Jones handles his walk-on program. Typically as a walk-on you have to prove yourself twice as many times as the scholarship player. Let's face it, they have money invested in those scholarship guys and they want to get their money's worth, so before they play a walk-on in front of a scholarship guy he has to prove himself beyond a shadow of a doubt. Charlie was invited to join the team, but he still knows what he is facing. I believe Coach Jones and others have been honest and upfront with him. He wants to answer some things to himself and leave no regrets and who can blame him for that. I applaud him for his gumption, even if many think it is ill advised. If he doesn't make progress in getting on the field maybe he will go to the OVC. That is certainly an option. It only took him 2 years at CAK to set all of those records, so he might be able to set some in 2 years in the OVC if that is were his path leads him.

• 3 months later...