Who are State tournament Contenders In AAA

mcon8c

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC could easily make it to the substate... Short of that... their season is over... They will not beat whoever comes out of memphis... If you move them east they would have a shot...

East

A - Hampton, Wartburg, Cloudland, Rockwood

AA - Fulton, Alcoa, Howard

AAA - Bearden, Science Hill

Middle

A - Watertown, MTP

AA - CPA, Cheatham Co, Waverly

AAA - Blackman, Brentwood

West

A - TCA, Union City, BTW, Humboldt

AA - Southside, Sheffield, Mitchell

AAA - Southwind, Melrose, Whitestation, Whitehaven

a quick list without referencing schedules...

Mr TSSAA. I was mostly wondering about AAA but in class. A A you have to put Fayette Ware and Trezevant on that list also. Hamilton Whitestation And Melrose also are legit contenders Melrose is playin without its 2 best players Jamario Jones and Markell Crawford but should have both by district so they can't be counted out Whitestation is with out Nych Smith And Hamilton is so young they relay on a The Lawson brothers for so much but are still. A threat

Ahh... Okay... Your initial post was a little unclear...

Well, to be completely honest the real title contenders are the eight or so Memphis teams and Blackman out of Murfresboro and that about wraps it up...

I have seen several teams this year out of Memphis (Southwind, Melrose, Whitestation, East, Ridgeway, Hamilton, etc...) and Blackman can hang with and has the talent/ability to beat everyone of them...

Blackman pros: Outside shooting, all around game, coaching, and height to compete

Blackman cons: Weak schedule, might have to beat two Memphis AAA teams to have a chance to bring home the gold ball

Memphis teams pros: Superior talent, height, and competition throughout the year

Memphis teams cons: Very little outside shooting to speak of

Short of Blackman, no one else in the state will contend with whoever comes out of Memphis in AAA...

If the Memphis teams split on the state drawings I will take a memphis school to win it, if they are grouped on one side and Blackman on the other... I'll take Blackman...

All the teams we have talked about are in the same region so unless Craigmont pulls a run like East last year they we probly be on different side of could u give me a lil info on Blackman before I can respond to your post like do they still have the kid who gave East fits last year and do they have any size

Dyer County. They've got the best player in the state w Hubbs.

Dyer County will have to beat one of the Memphis schools in the substate to get to the glass house and I'm not sure they can do that. When they were in AA you could almost always pencil them in every year but not now. They do have a chance to go though but Hubbs will need some help.

Blackman is a solid favorite to win it all.

All the teams we have talked about are in the same region so unless Craigmont pulls a run like East last year they we probly be on different side of could u give me a lil info on Blackman before I can respond to your post like do they still have the kid who gave East fits last year and do they have any size

All of Blackman's players run in the 6'2" to 6'6" range... with good length and atheletism... Best player is Darius Thompson, a 6'4" guard with a verbal commit to Vandy... Great passing ball club that can really likes to get out and run... Good outside shot and very aggressive going to the boards... Like I said before very well coached, plays hard, but plays an weak out of district schedule... may very well be their downfall...

U can't play a weak out of district schedule and expect to compete with teams from memphis who bout time they get to state will have been through heck and back just to get out I do rember the thompson kid and he is a heck of a ball player but its going to be hard if have not played that level of competion