12AA 2013

unidawg

Page 6 Indy 3 Senior Patrick Hood with the Win, Trey Moyer with a save. Nice win for the Patriots heading in to a HUGE series vs Spring Hill next week. Raiders always tough for Page, but Patriots have yet to play a team they can't compete with this season...should be some good baseball.

Page takes one on the chin, losing 3-2 at Spring Hill. Five years in a row going to Spring Hill that one of our Parents is run out of the park (or threatened to) and SH side raises heck like a 12U girls softball team plus the usual BS calls that always seem to happen. Bitter? No, mad as heck. I would write a paragraph about it, but as Neidermeyer in Animal House said "Decorum prohibits listing them here". Move on, game 2 tomorrow.

But i digress, why in the world would you let a HS pitcher throw 146 pitches? Usher tossed a heckava game but if that was my kid I would be ballistic.

Chin last night, rear end tonight 14-3 loss. SH straight up better team tonight, 5 E's will get you an L for sure. Hoody pitched well, but E's were costly. Barksdale twirled pretty good on the bump, might be able to eat his cereal in the morning as he only threw 121 pitches as opposed to Usher last night. No BS tonight, S/O to Dusty and his Storm Troopers keeping the peace.

No doubt Summary, we need a little action from the rest of 12AA. Where's Willie?

My kids are playing too much now. It's hard for me to make it to games. Although I was at the Page vs SH game on Monday night. Good ball game. I'm friends with both coaches. I would have liked to see how the game would have went if Moyer would have got to stay in game. The lefty that came in for Page has a bright future. Idk what to say about Usher throwing so many pitches. In my opinion the games I have seen him and Barksdale throw they throw behind in the count way too much but both a very good pitchers. They've won a lot of games for SH.

I hope to make more games once the district tournament begins.

Thanks for chipping in Willie! Miss your posts. LH for Page is a Freshman-Christian Denton. Nice mechanics (compliments of Kent Bottenfield) and will only get better as he gets older and stronger. Page lost to Marshall tonight 7-3, didn't play bad, just got out-hit and out-scored.

Coach George speaks highly of the LHP Denton. I liked what I saw also. Although Page has dropped 3 straight district games I think Coach George has done a very good job with this group. They will do well in the district tournament. Would like to see them and SH make into the Region.

SH has got to find a way to beat MC. I know 5 losses in a row is not sitting well with Raider Baseball. I think SH makes it into the Region just because of the pitching depth. This years district tournament is going to be interesting like many others have in the past. SH, MC, Page, and Summit all could advance.

The Columbia Daily Herald reports that Summit dropped a 4-3 decision to Lewis County last night but no game details.

Yes, by the rules SH won...but the timing of Lamm's move completely changed the game. HS players are not supposed to dip-granted our player was wrong to do so and was removed from the game and suspended for two more. Interesting that not a single SH player had a dip from the fourth inning on that game, yet several of them had cans clearly visible in their pockets the next night at Page. Lamm was well within the rules to do what he did-but I call total BS that it was done with any intention other than that of changing the game-which it did. His intention was to swing momentum and win the game...probably the same reason he would ride an 18yr old for 146 pitches.

Unidawg...yes bitter is the word you should have used.

Why should a player be allowed to dip in a high school baseball game and not be punished?

SH played by the rules and won...bottom line.

Unidawg...yes bitter is the word you should have used.

Why should a player be allowed to dip in a high school baseball game and not be punished?

SH played by the rules and won...bottom line.

Ummmm...wouldn't every single coach try to swing momentum into their teams dugout if within the rules? It was in the rules therefore no need to bicker and complain that it was BS...its a written RULE.

Secondly, who in the heck put a pitch limit on all high school pitchers? Is it you? I agree the pitch count was high but I also know that a lot of things factor into the equation. How does the player rehab/recover? How long had the player nok pitched? Is he well conditioned physically? Hate to tell you but like the number 100 or not a lot of high school players are conditioned enough to throw more its just frowned upon because of people like yourself that base their single opinion on a number and no proven statistics.

I am not here to argue just stateing that he was within the rules and he has turned a no named program from years ago into a great high school team...