12AA 2013

unidawg

Where is everybody?? Watching basketball??

Season is just around the corner...Let's see some predictions!!

Page lost a few key players from last year's squad and has a new coach, but has a big senior class with several that have been contributing since they were freshmen. Defense and bats should be solid, if pitching holds up the Patriots might make a little noise.

I see Spring Hill at the top with Marshall right there with them. Summit surprised me last year with how well they played to be so young, Kirby proving what an outstanding coach he is. Not sure what Giles has this year, want to say they lost a few key guys and a new coach there as well. Fairview improved last year, jumping a couple of teams with some solid wins.

Play Ball!!!!!!!!!!!

Spring Hill and Page should have great pitching and be right in the thick of things. Spring Hlll will probably be the pick to win the district because of starting pitching, coaching, and consistency over the past 4-5 years. They have become a great program. Page also has top line pitching, the x factor is how the coaching change will affect the team. Summit will be even better with a year's experiece under their belts. Lewis was pretty young last year, to the best of my knowledge, so they should be improved as well. Not sure about Giles, especially with a coaching transition to go through. Hickman lost a couple of quality seniors, but still return a significant portion of the lineup if their pitching can keep them in games. East Hickman actually has the same coach for the 3rd year in a row, so that alone should create some stability and help the program. Not sure about what kind of pitching East or Fairview has, and if it is good enough to keep them in the games in a tough district. Marshall lost several key seniors from last year, including Reese and Verner, but they are still Marshall County and will no doubt be right in the race.

I think SH will be at the top. The pitching staff is outstanding with 3 or 4 pitchers seeing a lot of mound time last year in big games. SH is always well coached and prepared. The program is one of the best in the state.

As far as Summit, Page, GC, and MC I think all of those teams could finish in any order. All teams are well coached. The new coaches at Page and GC will do fine. Both coaches have played and/or coached in big games. Players will respond to them both. A couple of the teams could slip in a win against SH but I still think SH will finish at the top.

LC, HC, EH, and Fairview will all compete for the final 4 spots in the district. I believe LC will be the best of the group.

As in most cases and districts pitching is the key along with whoever has the hot bats! Putting pressure on opposing defenses and being aggressive. If you want to see some good fun baseball this is the district to see it in.

Players to watch:

SH - R. Helgren - 3B

SH - C. Barksdale - LHP/OF

SH - J. Usher - SS/RHP

SH - D. Stewart - RHP/1B

GC - T. Gilbert - INF/RHP

Summit - D. Burdick - SS

LC - C. Owen - Utility/RHP

LC - R. Bell - OF/RHP

HC - K. Miley - C/1B/DH

I know the other teams have players that should be watched so please feel free to add to the list of players.

Edited by Willie

Page over Cascade last Saturday in a long scrimmage. Did not personally see much of it, but heard pitching was pretty solid and a few runs were given up by some nervous errors but then settled down. Bats were apparantly very solid with some hard hits up and down the order. Playing Franklin High Sat if the weather holds up.

Went to Summit vs Centennial last night. CHS won 7-1, but score really was not indicitive of the whole game. Burdick vs Evans starting on the bump, game tied 1-1 at the end of 7. CHS scored their other runs I believe in the top of 9th with two outs (pretty sure on this, don't shoot if wrong). I want to say all 6 runs were unearned due to a very uncharacteristic E6...it could have been 2-1 at the time of the error, can't remember exactly. Nonetheless, Kirby appears to have Summit picking up right were they left off, playing pretty solid well-coached ball. Score doesn't reflect it, but proof on the field that 12AA ball is pretty strong, playing toe to toe with a AAA team that is one of the favorites to win their district.

Went to Summit vs Centennial last night. CHS won 7-1, but score really was not indicitive of the whole game. Burdick vs Evans starting on the bump, game tied 1-1 at the end of 7. CHS scored their other runs I believe in the top of 9th with two outs (pretty sure on this, don't shoot if wrong). I want to say all 6 runs were unearned due to a very uncharacteristic E6...it could have been 2-1 at the time of the error, can't remember exactly. Nonetheless, Kirby appears to have Summit picking up right were they left off, playing pretty solid well-coached ball. Score doesn't reflect it, but proof on the field that 12AA ball is pretty strong, playing toe to toe with a AAA team that is one of the favorites to win their district.

That's pretty much how it went down. Tough way to lose but we started off with CHS last year as well and the results were much different. CHS won last NIGHT 7-2 over us at their house. But the Spartans are well coached and talented; though still young. (3 juniors and 12 sophomores) It should be fun watching them this season.