New Coach for BA!

WaReAgLe3

Last year there were rumors floating around that BA was getting rid of their basketball coach. It looks and sounds like those rumors were just a year early. Supposedly we are about to let the coach go and start the process of getting a new coach. Let the names start coming, who do you think we will get? Here is my short list;

1. Hubie Brown (Ensworth) - obviously a winner wants to be coaching boys

2. John Pierce (FRA) - another winner, ship is sinking over at FRA. Now would be a good time to leave.

3. Adam Sonn (Goodpasture) - I wanted him last year when the rumors were flying around. He left USN for Goodpasture and won 20+ games.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year there were rumors floating around that BA was getting rid of their basketball coach. It looks and sounds like those rumors were just a year early. Supposedly we are about to let the coach go and start the process of getting a new coach. Let the names start coming, who do you think we will get? Here is my short list;

1. Hubie Brown (Ensworth) - obviously a winner wants to be coaching boys

2. John Pierce (FRA) - another winner, ship is sinking over at FRA. Now would be a good time to leave.

3. Adam Sonn (Goodpasture) - I wanted him last year when the rumors were flying around. He left USN for Goodpasture and won 20+ games.

Why do you say that Hubie Brown "wants to be coaching boys"?

Because he was mentioned it in the past?

Not trying to give you a hard time - just curious. He seems quite happy at Ensworth, where he is enjoying great success coaching his daughter (a sophomore point guard) and her teammates.

I will follow the BA coaching search with interest - good luck to the Eagles in getting their dream coach, whoever that may be!

Yeah not sure Hubie would leave right now. Does anyone know why they finally let the coach go? Should have been done alot sooner in my opinion. Doubt you are going to get Sonn to leave a good situation he has at Goodpasture. Pierce seems to be pratty comfortable at FRA but with the jr. high studs all bailing he might to. BA went to Texas to hire their football coach, who is to say they wont open it up like that again. Supposedly Charlie Ward was up for the football job, maybe he would be interested in the basketball job. Im sure the job will draw alot of attention.

Yeah not sure Hubie would leave right now. Does anyone know why they finally let the coach go? Should have been done alot sooner in my opinion. Doubt you are going to get Sonn to leave a good situation he has at Goodpasture. Pierce seems to be pratty comfortable at FRA but with the jr. high studs all bailing he might to. BA went to Texas to hire their football coach, who is to say they wont open it up like that again. Supposedly Charlie Ward was up for the football job, maybe he would be interested in the basketball job. Im sure the job will draw alot of attention.

What is the issue?

Why do you say that Hubie Brown "wants to be coaching boys"?

Yes, Hubie Brown is considered a great coach and though a little old he may be able to be coaxed out of retirement, I believe his last coaching gig was the Memphis Grizzlies several years ago. If not mistaken, I think the coach being referenced from Ensworth is Hubie Smith. :rolleyes:

Yes, Hubie Brown is considered a great coach and though a little old he may be able to be coaxed out of retirement, I believe his last coaching gig was the Memphis Grizzlies several years ago. If not mistaken, I think the coach being referenced from Ensworth is Hubie Smith. :rolleyes:

True, bad typo there. Hubie Smith! Will you be throwing your name in the hat?