CPA back to state, but not pretty.

sportsnerd

CPA started the game 12-1 and it looked like a 40 point win, then they disappeared defensively, put in subs too early, and got a scare from Spring Hill. Props to SH for playing hard the whole game (unlike CPA) and really making a game out of it. Cut it to 4 a couple of times, but CPA's big men woke up and put it away.

CPA cannot win back-to-back playing like they did tonight.

CPA started the game 12-1 and it looked like a 40 point win, then they disappeared defensively, put in subs too early, and got a scare from Spring Hill. Props to SH for playing hard the whole game (unlike CPA) and really making a game out of it. Cut it to 4 a couple of times, but CPA's big men woke up and put it away.

CPA cannot win back-to-back playing like they did tonight.

AMEN! i have seen them played last year and this year. i personally think the freshman(blackwell) has been playing better than lindsey lately. i also think allsmiller has to start hitting more consistently from 3 or they will lose in state.

Really impressed by Spring Hill. Played with tenacity on defense and contested every shot. Seemed like they blocked 10 shots. Also crashed the boards. Starkman is really underrated. Was the best player on the floor. If he wasn't Blackwell was. He made some huge plays in the 4Q. Otherwise, the game goes down to the wire. Too bad it took Spring Hill the entire 1Q to figure out the full court pressure.

I don't see CPA letting up now, it's crunch time and they will be ready. I believe it's easy to read all the press and have let downs, but now all teams are good and I don't see anybody taken for granted that CPA draws.

I agree somewhat in that CPA seems to play better against better competition; however, CPA is beatable, I believe, by JSS, Mitchell, and maybe a couple of others. You have to have quickness to beat them, but there are teams left who can do it. Would be wild if they drew East in first round after already playing them 4 times.

Edited by sportsnerd

I agree somewhat in that CPA seems to play better against better competition; however, CPA is beatable, I believe, by JSS, Melrose, and maybe a couple of others. You have to have quickness to beat them, but there are teams left who can do it. Would be wild if they drew East in first round after already playing them 4 times.

i heard that they split teams in the same region up so they would not play in first round. and if they did don't be shocked by east if they pulled it out. east should have beat them in first matchup when they had a 10 or 12 point lead going into 4th quarter and lost it.

The drawing will be pretty darn important in AA. Sure would like to see CPA take on JSS or Mitchell. CPA is still the favorite but they aren't the invincible machine they were last year. Mitchell looks to be better than last year and JSS looks better than Liberty last year. East is dangerous in a one game scenario but I don't think they have the horses to make an extended run.

I agree somewhat in that CPA seems to play better against better competition; however, CPA is beatable, I believe, by JSS, Mitchell, and maybe a couple of others. You have to have quickness to beat them, but there are teams left who can do it. Would be wild if they drew East in first round after already playing them 4 times.

they can't draw east because they are in the same district....they will be on opposite sides of the bracket. The only way they could meet, would be in the finals. Edited by nebuntyn

The drawing will be pretty darn important in AA. Sure would like to see CPA take on JSS or Mitchell. CPA is still the favorite but they aren't the invincible machine they were last year. Mitchell looks to be better than last year and JSS looks better than Liberty last year. East is dangerous in a one game scenario but I don't think they have the horses to make an extended run.

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE JUST SAID!! at least about CPA and East, i don't know much about mitchell and liberty so ima just have to go on what others say.