Predictions for 5AAA

Butcher72

Completely different team in Mcminn County. West DLINE dominated the line of scrimmage for entire first half of the scrimmage (1's VS 1's) #2 is a good back but the loss of Wells looks to be HUGE. Mcminn is lacking a "game changer" The past couple years they have had a kid that could score on ANY play. Didnt see that against West. Very athletic and well coached defensively. That gives them a chance to be very competitive against the rest of the District. Brutal schedule at the beginning of the year could have a big impact on the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to break up the Ooltewah/East Ham mutual love-fest, but...

Who is everybody scrimmaging this summer/fall? Anyone doing 7 on 7? Where/when?

Is the jamboree schedule out yet? (if it is, I haven't found it...)

The two longest weeks of the year are upon us, then it's officially football time again!

It’s not a love fest it’s posturing. East Hamilton did the 7 on 7 last year and it’s not on the schedule for this year. Gatewood has never been a fan. But I do think it helps the DB’s and linebackers more than anything else. Who knows, it might pop up for us, it did last year at the last minute.

East Hamilton travels to Polk County August 1st for a very controlled closed scrimmage. Then travels to Merryville August 6th. I am sure by reading the Merryville stuff on CoachT the last 2 years if they beat us badly that we are not big boys, and we should go back too 4A. But if we were able to score on them and have the upper hand we will hear that there where key starter’s out, and that they played mostly JV guys. Gate wants to play them and gage where we are at and how we can get better……… He believes and so do I we will play no tougher team the rest of the season. For what it's worth I am using it just as a gage the Jr class at East Hamilton when they were Freshman beat Alcoa Freshman and it was not close, I mean a beat down..... Our Sr class well they speak for themselves... OMG I just started another fight!

Edited by chattacane

It didn't seem like that to me. It looked like there were several bad reads by running backs and QB. McMinn returns 3 starters on O-line and it looked like they were getting movement. A couple of holes I saw I could have run through and I heard Cagel telling RB that after play. When they went to a young running back that just lowered his head you noticed that McMinn gained 4 to 5 yards a carry. QB was in Baseball until a few days before scrimmage.

More like love/hate.......love the families......love/hate the rivals....I believe McMinn is on the list of scrimmages...not sure about others....as far as team Owls are young and talented.....as for past season freshmen team they lost championship game to one of our former coaches that went to Rhea with Doug....and out of respect to Owlicane I won't mention the freshmen game/score between Owls/Canes.....A freshman lead varsity team in tackles with over 100......our rb, qb, are back.....Oline/Dline a work in progress....Dbs/receivers intact......new Coach.....Doug is back...so I think we will be in the top 4 in this tough district.....As for Murivil it will be a chess match on who makes the right call in the end.....they don't blow good teams out....coaches move will determine the outcome.....Now all these closed scrimmages are for the birds!!....oh that's me!....hoot hoot......let me get my binoculars......

We got 3 5a players invited to the Opening and I think that is a true testament to how good 5a is....2 guys are from Beech of course....but a team in our district could meet them in Cookeville for title game.....I believe Chatt players will be noticed by the masses for the next 3 yrs...let's continue to get mentally as well as physically stronger....

It didn't seem like that to me. It looked like there were several bad reads by running backs and QB. McMinn returns 3 starters on O-line and it looked like they were getting movement. A couple of holes I saw I could have run through and I heard Cagel telling RB that after play. When they went to a young running back that just lowered his head you noticed that McMinn gained 4 to 5 yards a carry. QB was in Baseball until a few days before scrimmage.

The 2nd back they put in at the end of the game was against West backups - I understand from talking to some West fans before the scrimmage they were still missing some in track as well. I just dont see Mcminn with a kid that can break a game wide open as they had with Wells and then #5 the year before ( i dont remember his name ) Going to be a totally different team. They always play good defense there so that will keep them in games.