Predictions for 5AAA

Butcher72

McMinn seems to just reload every year but losing Wells and all those Seniors with so much experience, can they win their 3rd district championship in a row? Ooltewah with their new coach seem to be the team to beat as they return most of their starters. How does East Hamilton effect this district now that they are moving up and replacing Rhea County? Can't count out Cleveland as Coach Crawford is a proven winner. Any predicitons??

McMinn seems to just reload every year but losing Wells and all those Seniors with so much experience, can they win their 3rd district championship in a row? Ooltewah with their new coach seem to be the team to beat as they return most of their starters. How does East Hamilton effect this district now that they are moving up and replacing Rhea County? Can't count out Cleveland as Coach Crawford is a proven winner. Any predicitons??

Well..5AAA does have 3 of the top gunslingers in the state.....a new system needs at least a year to get the chemistry going......... it will take the last game to predict who wins the district as it does every year because its so many rivals that can be spoilers for a team no matter how many wins or losses.......

McMinn always have a competitive team....did Kelvin Wells get an offer?....he has always poached Ooltewah for 200 yds win or loose.....great back

Prediction for 2013:

1. East Hamilton

2. Ooltewah

3. McMinn Co.

4. Cleveland

It all comes down to week 4 when the Canes travel to Hooterville, then week off then week six host Cleveland at the hill. If the Canes can pull those 2 they have the upper hand.

if we split those games then it could come down to game 9 Cleveland - Owls. McMinn got a shot and will be the dark horse........ But here again Bradley, and Walker Valley can beat you on any given night..... IMO Bradley's issue will be replacing the QB its alway tough when you have a switch there. Canes Owls, Radiers will all have returning QB's. Think about it one of these kids will be first team all district one will be 2nd team and one won't be on the all district team at all 3 will play on Saturday now that's strong.

Canes will be strong, still need to replace Jackson that's 1853 and 28TD's of offense. Can #6 get it done? Cause the big back @ Hooterville will!

1. Cleveland

2. East Ham

3. Ooltewah

4. Bradley

Top 3 go to playoffs!

Edited by chattacane

Chattacane,

I agree with your assessment. I still think EH has the upper hand on Cleveland considering how much the Raiders throw the ball. The Canes are returning a solid secondary. Only lost one out of a secondary that was lockdown versus the pass all year. Held the QB's at Giles, Bradley, Red Bank, and Page in check. Need to replace an all-district cornerback but the Canes have some solid athletes to fill that spot. A lot of INT's from that group last year.

The biggest questions for the Canes are at linebacker and offensive line. Lost three solid players at LB (2 all-district LB's) and three good ones on the offensive line, including an all-state tackle and a pre-season all-state guard.

#6 won't need to carry the whole load at RB. He's replacing a great RB but he has the get-up-and-go to handle 15-20 carries a game while getting some breaks here and there. He doesn't need to be a bruiser. Gatewood wants touchdowns and #6 is a TD machine.

It all comes down to QB play in this region. Whichever QB plays the most consistent football will have his team in the top spot in 2013.

Chattacane,

I agree with your assessment. I still think EH has the upper hand on Cleveland considering how much the Raiders throw the ball. The Canes are returning a solid secondary. Only lost one out of a secondary that was lockdown versus the pass all year. Held the QB's at Giles, Bradley, Red Bank, and Page in check. Need to replace an all-district cornerback but the Canes have some solid athletes to fill that spot. A lot of INT's from that group last year.

The biggest questions for the Canes are at linebacker and offensive line. Lost three solid players at LB (2 all-district LB's) and three good ones on the offensive line, including an all-state tackle and a pre-season all-state guard.

#6 won't need to carry the whole load at RB. He's replacing a great RB but he has the get-up-and-go to handle 15-20 carries a game while getting some breaks here and there. He doesn't need to be a bruiser. Gatewood wants touchdowns and #6 is a TD machine.

It all comes down to QB play in this region. Whichever QB plays the most consistent football will have his team in the top spot in 2013.

Come on vick you know I am poor mouthing! I like our chances! The big kid who played basketball that moved back over from McCallie 6'5 kid great hands is going to play, with Tre, lenor, and the New Orleans twins, Moore will throw it all over the place.

I agree EH, Cleveland, Owls should be favorites for the top 3 spots...QB position is key to winning championships..I do want to point out the McMinn QB and the potential starter for Bradley have their share of experience. McMinnville QB started 12 games last year as a sophomore. He is a very smart player that doesn't make many mistakes or get his team in bad situations. He runs coach cagle's read offense very well. If the transfer from Soddy starts at QB for Bradley, he comes in with 3 years of varsity playing experience. He was by far the best athlete for Soddy. A lot to look forward to for these teams. I wish it started TOMORROW!

Come on vick you know I am poor mouthing! I like our chances! The big kid who played basketball that moved back over from McCallie 6'5 kid great hands is going to play, with Tre, lenor, and the New Orleans twins, Moore will throw it all over the place.

Gatewood likes to ground and pound.....I like Tre.....reminds me of Bell on the defensive side.....yes I meant Von Bell....That kid will be highly recruited......QB has a quick release and an arm that has him among the top QB's in the state.....Owls young and talented .....top QB....new coach....competitive....who knows......