Lawrence County vs Columbia

CrosseyedCat

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it is great to see that #40 and #79 have not lost all of their enthusiasm, which the casual Wildcat Football observer/fan could understand. Your response to my original post (which I worded in a way just to see what kind, if any, reply I would get) is a very welcome site.

Of course, more than 5 players care, but any one that did not know any different, and saw the team come dragging out of the Locker Room and onto the field looking like they had rather be somewhere else before the start of the Tullahoma game, would have every reason to think that way. That game was over before the clock started, but that is expected in a situation where lack of leadership is so evident.

So, #40, #79, and all Wildcat players, whether you be one of the very few Seniors, who will be playing your last game, or an underclassman, even the ones that are not planning on returning next year, you are supported and admired for trying to stick with it. Don't let the talk of how it used to be or how it could be get you down. Let this game be something for the Seniors to remember and for everybody else to use as a springboard for next year.

GO WILDCATS

the one thing you said about leadership is correct,i hope coach laxson looks at what he has done over the last 5 or 6 years.my philosphy is give a coach the opportunity to take a freshman class all the way thru,he has had that opportunity.and this year is one of the worst i have ever seen in preparation of a game,not just one game but every game they have played so far this year.

IS WINNING THE ONLY THING

MR. VINCE LOMBARDI IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE SAID "WINNING ISN'T EVERYTHING,IT'S THE ONLY THING,"WELL IF HE SAID THAT, I DISAGREE.I BELIVE MAKING THE TOTAL EFFORT IS EVERTHING.AND THAT IS ALL YOU COULD ASK FOR FROM COACHES AND PLAYERS.

IT'S ALL YOU SHOULD EVER ASK FOR OR EXPECT.UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WON'T ACTUALLY EVER BECOME THE BEST OF WHICH YOU ARE CAPABLE. THAT'S PERFECTION. WE CAN'T OBTAIN PERFECTION AS I UNDERSTAND IT.BUT WE CAN WORK,AND WORK HARD, TOWARD OBTAINING IT.IF YOU DO THAT YOU WILL NEVER LOSE,IN SPORTS OR IN LIFE.

IT'S NOT WHAT WE OBTAIN FROM WINNING THAT'S IMPORTANT, BUT WHAT WE BECOME BECAUSE OF IT THAT COUNT

[1] is the coaches giving a total effort

[2]is the players giving a total effort

[3]are you making them feel like winners

[Edited by lester on 10-31-02 4:18P]

Thank u crosseyedcat, for the support u apparently continue to show our team. Tomorrow night, i will play my last high skool football game, and though i didn't begin playin until last year, these past 2 years, have been the best of my young life. This year, despite the record, will alwayz hold a special place in my heart, and in my memory, as will the group of so called "uncaring" guys on that football team. That is by far the best 1-8 team i've ever seen, and i think n e one who has watched us play will agree w/ that. We could just as easily be at least 5-4 right now if not for the the inability to hold leads, and beat the teams that we were no doubt better than. But all this said, i know that i will alwayz miss my experience as a high skool football player, and n e one who never played high skool football, well u don't know what u missed, becuz i will undoubtedly leave a large part of me on that field tomorrow night when i leave it. But once more thank you to all the supporters of the last 2 years, it has truly been wonderful.

I just want to wish the LawCo Wildcats the best of luck for the last game tonight. I am a student at LCHS, and I have enjoyed watching all of you play this season. It hasn't been our best season ever, but we have a lot of guys that have played with heart for the last 9 games, and I just want you guys that have to know that I am proud of the way you have played through this season. To all of the senior Wildcats, I hope that you get to have the time of your life tonight on that field, because I know that tonight is gonna mean something to you. I know a lot of people think that we have no chance, and we might not, but there are always the little miracles that come along. You never know what or who that miracle might be. To all of the juniors, Keep it up! You guys are great and I wish I could see you play tonight...I'll be listenin though...Good luck and represent tonight. :) Class of 2004...Nothin but Stronger

Crosseyedcat, I dont know what Tullahoma game you were at but you said that the game was over before it started, well LCHS was only down but 8 in the third quarter to a Tullahoma team that on paper was much better. When Tullahoma established the run they started to control the game, but I dont think that they have given up all year. Good luck against Columbia tonight!!!

Mickelsonjr, in my post that you are referring to about the Tullahoma game, I was trying to say that when the team silently and slowly walked from the locker room onto the field with no emotion or enthusiasm, not a jump, yell, or anything at all, then yes, the game was over for all practical purposes, especially for an underdog team that desperately has to have an emotional edge to win. I really felt for our team that night as they came out on the field in that manner. No coaches anywhere to be found, much less encouraging the players, no band playing, silent fans(myself guilty, also) did I leave anyone out? That game was in Lawrenceburg, but Tullahoma definitely had the home field advantage. Just callin it like I saw it, and I did see it.

For this team to have been in as many games this season as it was under the circumstances really says a lot for the young raw talent that is there. Potential could be unlimited for this young group. My opinion......your milage may vary.

Go Wildcats

Guest catfan1222

Our boys had the talent to win. That was evident for a brief period Friday night. #3 Brad Smith showed the talent that it takes to pull his team together and connect. I could literally see the crowd and team come alive for that brief period of time. I just wish he had been quarterback for the entire game.

Guest catfan1222

I have nothing bad to say about Will. I think he is a very good player, I just felt like the team got behind Brad! You scored right! Don't get defensive, I am not bashing any player for Lawrence Co. I am a very devoted fan! I just think some of you guys haven't been given the opportunity to show what you can do. Being senior night, maybe it would have been a good omen to have a senior quarterback. I think Will will do a fine job next year. I hope he gets the opportunity.