11AAA, how does it shake out

HighLife

Should be a very interesting district this year..Hillsboro is gone, replaced by Dickson Co.. Summitt is also in. Here is how I see it.

1.) Franklin-Year 2 of the Donnie Webb era. Returns a lot of very good skill position players, maybe the top QB in the district and good lineman up front.. After a year of rebuilding, is it time to jump back on top?

2.) Independence-Have arguably the top 2 players in the district in Wharton and Gauldin.. Anxious to see how they match up up front in year 1 of the Scott blade era. He will coach them up well. How they hold up in the trenches will determine their season

3.) Centennial- This is year 3 of Rector, has most of his kids now. Athletic and well coached team. Moving up to 6A this year, shouldn't be too much different for them though. As with Indy, I worry about how they will hold up in the trenches.. Sanders/Hall/Wisnowski are very good skill guys to be able to throw it to. Who will be their qb?

4.) Brentwood- Wouldn't surprise me to see them finish higher. Another new coach and lost a lot of talent from last years squad is why i have them 4th. Still have the Maher boys as well as the Marsalis kid and schumpert.. Will Woodward run the wing-t or open it up a little?

5.) Ravenwood- New coach in Hester who I think will do a good job there. Came on strong at the end of the season. Couple that with the new stud transfer WR they have, and its been very positive for the Raptors this offseason. I think they will be looking at a .500 season at least.. Things are looking up in Raptor Land

6. Dickson Co- lost a lot from last years team I'm told. They will be physical and have some athletes, but they will be in a much tougher district then the one they were in..

7.) Summit- Making the transition to the upper echelon of districts will not be smooth for summit this year. They have some good athletes and I think their future is bright.. We will see how things go, I wouldn't be shocked if they upset one of the big 4 in this district though.

Edited by HighLife

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good take on the district Highlife-I would say that anyone on any given night could win with Summit being the exception!

To me it's a 4 horse race IHS,, BHS, FHS or CHS with no team running the table-

Highlife you are correct ,IHS with the 2 best players in league with VW and Gauldin BUT they also have the best 3rd player in the league with U of Mizzou verbal Finnis S- would wager above mentioned 3 also are the fastest players as well- with 3 major D1 prospects in d backfield will be fun to watch someone trying pass on them - The o line will be fine it's just the D line i am worried bout being pushed 10 yds back- 2 tough non district games await IHS and one of those teams brings a Mr Hurd to the dance

Most interesting team I want to see is ? -

Life without Crawford at BHS

Team I think that will do well but not as well as expected-?

Rectors Boys at CHS

Team that better get some early wins to keep alumni happy?

Mr Webb at FHS

Dark horse team that might win 5 - ?

RHS

Summit say hello to playoffs in 2 years

DCHS - don't know much on your team but welcome back

Edited by notredame66

I don't know how good stribling is. Haven't been impressed by him.. To me the qb at Franklin and Wisnowski from CHS are above him to me as far as high school playing goes

He is/was a sleeper - from what I understand has all the goods to be an SEC D Back with a lot of upside , great kid with out if world work ethic , plus running a 4.5 40 helps

Don't know much about any of the teams other than Summit and Indy. But my strong feeling based on returning talent and coaching is that Centennial is the team to beat. Wait till you see Tyrell Dodson run the ball. I know Brentwood lost a lot of players but they return a lot as well. Those boys have been well coached for too long to suddenly get bad. Ravenwood got the son of a new Titans coach and he is supposed to be a stud. They have to be better with the coaching change. Franklin and Dickson County are unknowns to me other than this may be the year the loss of Freedom Middle players catches up to the Rebels. Indy does have, as far as I know at the moment, three D-1 players. Finis will definitely be on the field and is fast as lightening. He prefers defense though. And I've written about it before, but they only have seven linemen. Only one is a senior (Satchell- 6'3"/ 235) and he is the only lineman with any first string varsity playing time last year. There are three juniors, the big one (Dalton- 5'11"/ 260) did get in mop up duty. The other two juniors (twin brothers that list at 5'9" and 180 lbs) and three sophomores (listed at 5'10"/ 165; 5'9"/ 160; and 5'7"/ 160) are going into the fire for the first time. They are also the defensive line. They are small, inexperienced, and there is no depth to spell them as they are forced to go both ways each and every game. It will be interesting to see how they score...it won't be on long drives. As for Summit, I've written extensively once about the Spartans. Y'all may underestimate them which is fine and welcomed to be sure. I hope the other teams do as well. But they were to be the core of this years Indy team (especially on the lines) and their departure via re-zoning was the reason Dyson was sending out resumes before the start of last season.

Should be a very interesting district this year..Hillsboro is gone, replaced by Dickson Co.. Summitt is also in. Here is how I see it.

1.) Franklin-Year 2 of the Donnie Webb era. Returns a lot of very good skill position players, maybe the top QB in the district and good lineman up front.. After a year of rebuilding, is it time to jump back on top?

2.) Independence-Have arguably the top 2 players in the district in Wharton and Gauldin.. Anxious to see how they match up up front in year 1 of the Scott blade era. He will coach them up well. How they hold up in the trenches will determine their season

3.) Centennial- This is year 3 of Rector, has most of his kids now. Athletic and well coached team. Moving up to 6A this year, shouldn't be too much different for them though. As with Indy, I worry about how they will hold up in the trenches.. Sanders/Hall/Wisnowski are very good skill guys to be able to throw it to. Who will be their qb?

4.) Brentwood- Wouldn't surprise me to see them finish higher. Another new coach and lost a lot of talent from last years squad is why i have them 4th. Still have the Maher boys as well as the Marsalis kid and schumpert.. Will Woodward run the wing-t or open it up a little?

5.) Ravenwood- New coach in Hester who I think will do a good job there. Came on strong at the end of the season. Couple that with the new stud transfer WR they have, and its been very positive for the Raptors this offseason. I think they will be looking at a .500 season at least.. Things are looking up in Raptor Land

6. Dickson Co- lost a lot from last years team I'm told. They will be physical and have some athletes, but they will be in a much tougher district then the one they were in..

7.) Summit- Making the transition to the upper echelon of districts will not be smooth for summit this year. They have some good athletes and I think their future is bright.. We will see how things go, I wouldn't be shocked if they upset one of the big 4 in this district though.

You are joking right????? :roflol: Franklin winning district???? I really doubt that!!!

Centennial - The best coach and best talent--your right wait til Dodson and Deon runs over some of these boys

Brentwood- Still BHS even with another new coach

Independence- Have the 2 best players

Dickson-always wins so they should here also

Ravenwood- new coach and new talent also

Franklin- Rebels no longer have Freedom or the players playing at grandma's house

Summit- Who knows they might beat Franklin

You are joking right????? :roflol: Franklin winning district???? I really doubt that!!!

Centennial - The best coach and best talent--your right wait til Dodson and Deon runs over some of these boys

Brentwood- Still BHS even with another new coach

Independence- Have the 2 best players

Dickson-always wins so they should here also

Ravenwood- new coach and new talent also

Franklin- Rebels no longer have Freedom or the players playing at grandma's house

Summit- Who knows they might beat Franklin

Fair reply only thing I may disagree is blade is as or may be better then Rector

Don't know much about any of the teams other than Summit and Indy. But my strong feeling based on returning talent and coaching is that Centennial is the team to beat. Wait till you see Tyrell Dodson run the ball. I know Brentwood lost a lot of players but they return a lot as well. Those boys have been well coached for too long to suddenly get bad. Ravenwood got the son of a new Titans coach and he is supposed to be a stud. They have to be better with the coaching change. Franklin and Dickson County are unknowns to me other than this may be the year the loss of Freedom Middle players catches up to the Rebels. Indy does have, as far as I know at the moment, three D-1 players. Finis will definitely be on the field and is fast as lightening. He prefers defense though. And I've written about it before, but they only have seven linemen. Only one is a senior (Satchell- 6'3"/ 235) and he is the only lineman with any first string varsity playing time last year. There are three juniors, the big one (Dalton- 5'11"/ 260) did get in mop up duty. The other two juniors (twin brothers that list at 5'9" and 180 lbs) and three sophomores (listed at 5'10"/ 165; 5'9"/ 160; and 5'7"/ 160) are going into the fire for the first time. They are also the defensive line. They are small, inexperienced, and there is no depth to spell them as they are forced to go both ways each and every game. It will be interesting to see how they score...it won't be on long drives. As for Summit, I've written extensively once about the Spartans. Y'all may underestimate them which is fine and welcomed to be sure. I hope the other teams do as well. But they were to be the core of this years Indy team (especially on the lines) and their departure via re-zoning was the reason Dyson was sending out resumes before the start of last season.

Dyson left for one reason one reason only / to take the associate principal job at SC

You may know IHS football but I know 1st hand Dyson left due to promotion & wanting to chase his dream

SC didn't hire their principal until the end of October 2012. He approached KD a few weeks later about being the AD based on a recommendation of a mutual friend from grad school. Mutual friend knew KD was sending out the resumes; that's why he gave the recommendation to the principal. KD wanted a better situation and it worked out better than he imagined.