Anderson County at Clinton

Space3

The first thing I said when I got to the game was wow, those might be the best looking jerseys with the ugliest helmets I have ever seen.  Bringing back the all silver uniforms was awesome.  The helmets were just awful.  Davey needs to quit letting Russ design anything. :)

I did think Clinton played well for what they have.  I couldn't believe how many of them were sophomores and freshmen.  Clinton is a team that is going to get better each day/week. I think they can win a couple of district games and hopefully a couple of non-district.  4-6/5-5 Could be a possibility, which would be a huge statement for these kids and coaching staff.   

AC has the best and most balanced team they've had since the early 2000's.  I was extremely impressed with how physical they have become.  They did seem slower then years past, but that was probably more to the wet field.  I do think AC can make a run at that Top spot.  The talent and balance is there, but can they mentally get past Powell and Oak Ridge?  I was extremely glad to see Tyler back on the field.  That young man has overcame a lot the past year and half.  I wish Vance could of kept his head on straight and been right there with him.  AC 8-2 this year.

Yea Russ is great at Art, Fireworks and the Line but the helmets are short of desire. Go retro....but whatever winning is the main objective and if AC takes the district and deep in the playoffs I will not care what they wear as long as they wear a championship ring or two home. LOL....

AC needs to calm down and just get the business dome each week....one game at a time. They have what it takes this year for a good deep run in the playoffs and they should be as fast if not faster then anytime. They are a disciplined team unlike what the refs are trying to brand them with. Davey needs to nip this ref issue in the bud early before they get carried away as they have done in the past. Chalk this game up to first game jitters and get down to hard work.