Waverly Going Strong!

swamptiger

Waverly defeated Fairview 21-6 tonight. Jesse Hayes had a big game with 2 long touchdown runs of 80 and 70 yards. Guessing, I'd say he ran for about 250 yards. The back for Fairview, Cothran is a good back and runs hard, but Waverly's defense smothered him all night. Don't know for sure, but I'd guess he gained about 70 yards on the night. Another good all around game for the Tigers with everyone contributing. Congratulations on a great regular season, but don't be satisfied. The Tigers are peaking at the right time so let's keep this thing rolling into the playoffs, beginning next week at home!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here Are The Stats I Have From The Game For Jesse And Aaron.. Now These Are Not Offical And Could Be Off A Few Yards + Or -...

Jesse Hayes....20 Carries 248 Yards 2 TDs

Aaron Cotheran... 32 Carries 94 Yards 1 TD

If Jesse Did Offically Had 3 More Yards He Would Break The School Record Soooo We Have Our Fingers Crossed...

Good Job Tigers It Took All Of You Pulling Together To Do This And Jesse Said To Tell His Line THANKS For The Blocks That Without Ya'll He Wouldn't Get Anywhere.....

Well all I really have to say is MAN it feels GREAT to be 8-2 and hosting playoffs at home in the first round! My Freshman year we went 1-9, Sophomore 1-9, Junior 3-7, Now SENIOR 8-2, and hosting the playoffs at the 2nd seed in the region! It has been a long hard road to travel but it seems to be rewarding at the end! I just wanna tell my team and coaches that we have done a great job and we will continue to work hard and fight our best in the playoffs! TOGETHER we have accomplished soooo much! Way to go TIGERS!! I told our student body at a pep ralley this year at the begining of the season that we were going some where this year, Im glad to say now that we definately backed that up! Im so proud of this team! GREAT JOB GUYS LETS KEEP IT GOING!!!

Good Luck to all in the playoffs!

Thanks, SENIOR WB/CB #7

Guest IndianFan10

WAY TO GO TIGERS!! I KNEW YOU HAD IT IN YOU. YOU HAVE WORKED HARD AND PLAYED A GREAT SEASON. KEEP IT GOING!! WE WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK IN PLAYOFFS. GO 26 & 7 I LUV YOU GUYS!! WE WILL BE THERE TO CHEER YOU ON- FRIDAY NIGHT!! :D:o:):o

Guest 8812namrepus

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. I really do. But if the rumors I have heard about Jesse Hayes tearing stuff in his ankle at the game friday night are true than i really dont see waverly having much of a chance to win the game tommorrow. Jesse Hayes gets them the majority of their yards and scores and they will be hurting without him! As much as I hate to say it if he is hurt it is nobody's fault but their own. When there is less than 30 seconds left on the clock and your winning don't be stupid and go for it take a knee and win the game safe. There was no reason to try and run a play there. Look what it got you your star player out for the playoffs. Smart move there let me tell you!!!!

8812, Waverly Tigers are more than Jessie Hayes. I don't mean to take anything away from him, he's an exceptional player and I enjoy watching him play, but that's why they call it a TEAM sport. The Tigers consist of a group of hard working, talented bunch of guys and I believe they have the determination and talent to keep winning! They wouldn't be where they are without the efforts of everyone on that team. Judging from your comment about Jessie's injury and why you believe it occured, I'm not convinced that you didn't enjoy spreading that bit of unfortunate news ;) To put blame on anyone is uncalled for. Good Luck Waverly Tigers and Get Better Fast Jessie B)

[Edited by ladytigerfan on 11-8-02 1:13A]

Ok I'm Jesse Hayes Dad... First What TigersFan Said Is True It Is A Team.. And I Believe They Can Win Without Jesse They Have ALOT Of Talent On This Team... True They Will Miss Jesse This Game But If They Win Jesse Hopes To Be Back Next Week.. He Pulled The Ligaments In His Ankle Or However You Spell Them..LOL....Jesse Really Hurt His Ankle Back In Week 4 I Think It Was And Hasn't Been 100% Since And They Still Won Against Some Good Teams... I Believe Jake.... David.....Ryan...Brandon...Randal....And The O Line Will Still Be A Force... Jesse Has Always Said And I Say... If You Have A Good Line Anyone Can Play Running Back.. And The Tigers Have A Great O Line... Not To Take Anything Away From My Son Cause I Am So Proud Of Him And I Do Think Hes The Best Back In The State But Without The People Around Him He Wouldn't Have The 1500 Yards Or The 16 TDs..And The Defense.. Only Giving Up An Avg Of 9 Points Agame And If They Didn't Have Such A Bad Game At Lewis Where They Gave Up 38 Of The 97 Points Their Avg Would Be About The Best In The State I Would Think... So It's Not Just Jesse..It's The Team That Makes This TEAM Good... Good Luck Tigers!!!!!

[Edited by Tigersden on 11-8-02 6:38A]

Guest FanOf2A

Is Jesse not gonna play tonight?

If not how bad is his injury?

I'm not from Waverly, Just a fan that seen Waverly play Harpteh last year and became a "Slim" fan.

to see him hit the hole as fast as he does or turn it outside and leave everyone behind is like watch a magic show. I have seen Waverly play 4 games this year and I knew he wasn't 100% but didn't know what was wrong with him. For you that think he was good against Riverside with 204 yards or You Fairview fans that seen him rush for 248 Yards. You didn't get a real dose of him. Just think what he could have done if he was 100%. My Prayers are with you Slim and I hope you get better soon I am keeping an eye on you and hope you go on to the next level. I will have to agree with 8812 without Slim and the compatition in the playoffs Waverly will be hard pressed to win but I hope they do and Slim can play next week cause I want to see him run atleast one more time.

GOOD LUCK WAVERLY, and GET WELL SOON SLIM!!!!!