I would like to see a strong Tennessee team take on one from Georgia.

BigDave67

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TN high school football is not even comparable to GA. The reason a "Maryville" program doesn't currently exist down in GA is because there are an incredibly high number of "Maryville" programs across all classifications in GA. High school football is a lifestyle in GA, TN does not deserve to be mentioned in the same status... Real Truth

I believe that the top caliber programs from TN would win games against top caliber programs from GA. The difference is that GA has way more top caliber teams than TN has. Also football top to bottom is played better and is much more impressive in GA. The high majority of schools in GA make high school football a year round sport; it is NOT that way in TN. All other sports revolve around football for kids in GA and TN can't make that same comment. There are several A, AA, and AAA football teams in GA that will beat any TN football team mentioned on a year to year basis. Strength and Conditioning has much more emphasis placed and is more evident down in GA. If I had to pick 1 matchup I would pay to see then it would have to be seeing Alcoa play Buford.

• 3 weeks later...

Cal Preps project Booker T over Maryville 28-17 on a nuetral field, Maryville over Ensworth 28-22, Maryville over Fulton 35-27, Maryville over Norcross 31-13, Fulton over Norcross 31-21, Fulton over Calhoun 42-21, Fulton over Dalton 42-21, Maryville over Hoover 27-24, Hoover over Fulton 35-28, Hoover over Ensworth 27-22, Brentwood Academy over Hoover 24-22.

Aledo TX has been in the news lately for being sued for running up the score on everyone. Cal preps (http://www.unapproved website.com/cgi-bin/2013/project_matchup.pl) projects a Maryville win over Aledo 35-31. Fulton would lose 40-34 to Aledo according to Cal Preps. Maryville loses to top ranked in Texas 5A (top classification) Allen 38-24 and to #2 Desoto 42-27. They beat 3rd ranked Katy however, 28-21. So Maryville theoretically, would be the over-all 3rd ranked team in Texas.

I use Maryville because Cal Preps projects them winner over all teams in TN at this point in the season with Brentwood Academy being the closest game at 26-24 with Maryville winning.

I didn't go through every team in every state, but Cal Preps projects that Maryville would be a winner over every team in AR, MS, KY, GA, IL just to name a few. Ensworth, Brentwood Academy, and Fulton would also be right there with most of them.

Again, this is according to Cal Preps, not me. But I do find the result they provide to be surprising.