1A Football - 2013 Regular Season

ArtVandelayTN

Historical data and tradition aren't playing on Friday nights. Coalfield wins 1A this year.

I realize Knox Catholic is a bigger school but gees, it is hard to believe Coalfield couldn't make it more of a game. What was it 47-7? Yet, Nashville Christian plays on the road at a DII school and wins 28-11, with 3 TD's called back. Coafield is a fine team, but probably more like the 3rd or 4th best team in 1A. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coalfield is very strong it looks like.  SP is always in the mix.  However, i am telling you now somebody needs to learn how to stop NCS' rb or it will be them who hoists the gold ball.  I dont have a dog in the hunt but have watched, played and coached high school football in the south east for many years now and if you want to see some god-given ability you have to watch this kid from Nashville Christian work.  No matter which side you are on he is a lot of fun to watch.

Coalfield is very strong it looks like.  SP is always in the mix.  However, i am telling you now somebody needs to learn how to stop NCS' rb or it will be them who hoists the gold ball.  I dont have a dog in the hunt but have watched, played and coached high school football in the south east for many years now and if you want to see some god-given ability you have to watch this kid from Nashville Christian work.  No matter which side you are on he is a lot of fun to watch.

That's a nice assessment of Daniel.  Thanks for the kind words.  Very rarely will one defender be able to bring him down.  I know these kinds of stats aren't kept in HS football but would love to know how many yards he's amassed after the first tackler hits him.  He is a lot of fun to watch and he's a great kid.  And remember he is only a sophomore.  You should see him sky for a rebound on the basketball court.