CAK @ FRA

FootballDad

Yeah.... we need some luck.  Startin' off 0-1.  But congrats to you guys on the win!!!

Thank you....with our schedule and inexperience, the wins might be few and far between this year:(

I'm surprised to hear you guys are starting out 0 and 1, but I'll be even more surprised if I don't hear of your guys 'bringing the wood!' come playoff time:)

Edited by BRPro

Thank you....with our schedule and inexperience, the wins might be few and far between this year:(

I'm surprised to hear you guys are starting out 0 and 1, but I'll be even more surprised if I don't hear of your guys 'bringing the wood!' come playoff time:)

We got a lot of guys out.  We lost by a td to a tough Lexington team.  We have a lot of potential.  Just need to get everyone back on the field.  Congrats again on your win!!!

CAK by 25 points, I was close.

Yes you were! I will say that my trip to FRA was really enjoyable. Very nice atmosphere, great food, beautiful campus. As far as the Warriors, a LONG way to go to click like they need to for a chance against the better teams on the schedule, but overall a good performance and they showed a lot of potential. As far as the score, it was 35-3 until the 4th when CRB pulled most of the starters and CAK was unable to move the ball really at all against FRA and the second team defense played hard but gave up a TD late. The Warriors defense looks to have the potential to be improved from last year substantially, and the offense has a lot of potential. There were a number of uncharacteristic drops by receivers. If that can be corrected as it has in years past, this team can be very competitive. The new CAK kicker did a really nice job kicking and punting as well. #4 stole the show last night and looked really good running the ball and catching coming out of the backfield. I don't have a feel for what level FRA is at, but they did appear fundamentally sound and definitely had some playmakers. The CAK starters did an excellent job of holding them to 3 points. Overall, a great start and a lot to build on. Obviously, the Warriors have their work cut out for them next week against a much larger 6A school, Powell.

Congrats to the Warriors for notching the first victory of the season. A 3hr bus ride, a young team with limited experience, playing on turf, against an opponent we knew very little about, so it was nice to come back home with a 25 pt. victory. My first observation is that we have a great deal of work to do considering the competition we will be facing most of the year, but this team showed some potential. The defense and the run game actually looked to be ahead of the offense and passing game right now. We have been spoiled by off the chart offensive production for the past 3-4 years with incredibly talented players. Now we have to be patient and allow these youngsters to develop. I thought #4 and #15 both stood out on offense and #78 and #9 both made a lot of plays on defense. others made some nice plays as well but those players stood out to me. The kicker also showed off a strong leg on kick offs and punts. Overall a nice win to build some confidence...but in order for us to compete with the schedule we have this year the passing game must improve with Coach Bradley's system so dependent on it. This team will be a work in progress most of the season but I saw some potential last night. Go Warriors and good luck next week against Powell.