Hillcrest @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Covington will get the win this week against Hillcrest.  My chargers are starting to get things together.  I am thinking about going up there and give those coaches another good pep talk like I did during their run last year.  I showed their little Defensive Coordinator a few midget wrestling moves to help his LBs out on tackling.  I made him hit in my chest to show him what a real man was all about.  I gave a few more tips to the head ball coach about the correct way to apply his Jergens lotion before practice.  I'm just here to tell you all that adds up to is a recipe for success.  And if anyone could loan me a few bucks before tomorrow night I would greatly appreciate it.

Up 33 by halftime. Has anyone seen the program for this year? just got my first look.

As usual it's first class. The only thing I noticed is the coaches pictures...Every year someones is messed up. last year Coach Sharron had a bird flying off his head. This year everyone has a close up except Coach Katrosh, and in his close up you can see his feet! 

Won't get my program until Friday night. However, the best part is always my ad with my grandkids pics in it. I'm sure there is some other stuff in there, but I am a little biased, I suppose.

I hope that we can play Hillcrest with no injuries and continue to cut down on mistakes like turnovers and penalties. I will take a win of any type, but a nice lead would let the coaches get some subs into the game. That would be nice, too.

U guys beat the heck out of hillcrest not even a year! Y even post this? U know this is a $ money game because you guys don't want to put a real team on the schedule! Covington 48-6, as if we all didn't know this already! Smh

This is a breather. Check out the rest of our schedule, though. Non-district games are:

Brighton (6A)

Dyer County (5A)

Bolton (6A)

Then our district games are

Jackson North Side

Haywood

Liberty

Ripley

Jackson Central Merry

I'll stack the rest of this schedule up against anybody. How many 4A schools will schedule two 6A teams and a 5A team as their non-district games?

Tell me who you root for and let's examine their schedule, too.

I actually graduated from Trezevant, but my son plays for Cordova. I root for both schools.

Well. for your info, the Sonny Moore Rankings show the following comparisons:

Team >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>strength of schedule >>>>>>>power rank

Covington________________________________105.15______________125.03

Trezvant _________________________________81.69_______________118.34

Cordova _________________________________108.98______________102.29

Which says Covington's schedule is much tougher than Treezvant's. Cordova's sos is better, but should be because they  are a 6A team and we are a 4A team. We are playing up to raise our sos this high. I see that Cordova is playing 3 teams that are classified below them. Kirby, Millington, and Kingsbury are all 5A schools.

Just thought you might want to see the comparison. 

Edited by CHARGERFAN

Sounds good. N yea Cordova is 6a n we can't play up. Trezevant actually has 8 district games. So they only play 2 non district which both r 6a schools. If u look at their past history every non distric gamet is a 5a or 6a school. i.e 2012, dyer co, millington, olive branch da 6a state champ in miss, and melrose. I can find stats as well sir.