Greeneville Vs Chuckey Doak

DevilMan03

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Betsy fan and Niswonger may have helped them get some things but the kids are the ones working hard and doing what ever it takes to win not Niswonger and I hope Greeneville has another good year and that's my opinion not that any one cares but this gets old.

You are right, it does get old. Greeneville fans making fun of county school facilities...county fans responding back with "greeneville has better facilities because of a few people". Then greeneville fans say "have fun with your milk can, we will keep winning gold balls". Then county fans say "greeneville never won gold or silver balls until they moved down into 3A" (which is actually where they should be). County fans start claiming greeneville recruits, then greeneville fans say, "you are just jealous". Then greeneville pokes fun about a WG RB, his dad, and his uncle. Then they all claim to be his uncle. Then they say how overrated he is (keep in mind he graduated 2 years ago).

So yeah, you are right, this gets old!

I can't say I would go out of my way to make my opponents comfy in the visiting locker room either...however, if a coach decides not to use a room too small to hold his entire team that is also his prerogative. Greeneville was beating county schools long before Niswonger spent a penny on facilities and I imagine all the money in the world ain't gonna change that. It's unfortunate that the county schools are underfunded. Things are tough all over. Greeneville built their program over many years with committed coaches,players,parents and boosters. If the county fans are tired of getting beat, stop whining and get busy.

I can't say I would go out of my way to make my opponents comfy in the visiting locker room either...however, if a coach decides not to use a room too small to hold his entire team that is also his prerogative. Greeneville was beating county schools long before Niswonger spent a penny on facilities and I imagine all the money in the world ain't gonna change that. It's unfortunate that the county schools are underfunded. Things are tough all over. Greeneville built their program over many years with committed coaches,players,parents and boosters. If the county fans are tired of getting beat, stop whining and get busy.

I agree!

I agree!

Hayden Fry, legendary former coach of the Iowa Hawkeyes, painted the visitors locker room PINK ( just thought i'd throw that in there since there's been some talk of inadequate locker rooms thus far).It's not abnormal for many High Schools to not provide plush locker rooms for their visitors, in fact, sometimes a patch of grass  is all that is afforded some visiting teams.. That said, I would just about bet the farm (milk can included...sorry wghs93, I couldn't pass that one up) that Greenevilles decision to show up right before kickoff 2 years ago had little or nothing to do with locker room concerns.as for this Friday, I just want to see another shut out.

OK here's something to chew on...I live in a tiny town in the Upstate of SC...5000 people. The high school here in town is old and rundown. The enrollment is around 600. The stadium is crumbling concrete and old wooden bleachers( but the grass is good). The locker room is in the high school gym and the kids walk a ways to get to the field. The band consists of kids from the high/jr high/ and middle schools and they don't have uniforms. From the time you walk through the gates, you are swamped with fundraisers...kids selling boiled peanuts, boosters selling school t-shirts and bumper stickers and FCA playing "cornhole for Christ"(really). Yet the school has been to the state championship the past 3 years and won the first 2.(they were moved up a division last year and lost a close one to a much larger school).  What they have is a work ethic...not just physical, but the drive to build a program and do what it takes to succeed. These kids will help take care of the field, paint the pressbox, plant a field of corn to sell to raise money. They graduated nearly their entire offense last year and yet they won their opener against a school 3 times their size. Nobody gives them new equipment or fancy new rug, or a wonderful new band program but they win...and they attract talent from around the county because they have tradition...winning tradition. Now that I can step back from Greene County/ Greeneville football I am painfully aware of how petty the relationships are. It isn't rivalry, it is whining and complaining and bragging and ragging, and not very flattering to either side. I am gonna back away for a while cause right now I'm not reading anything I care to comment about. Go Greene!!! Fire Snot Baby!!!