Dobyns-Bennett Offense

tennesseestud2013

CGC gets it. He's giving the Tribe the best chance to win with the offense they're running. it puts the ball in Holt's and Casey's hands more often. It will evolve. I don't believe offense was the problem against E. Hamilton. Special teams and turnovers sure hurt though.

I really do not think it will evolve. I really think we are not comfortable in the spread. I will admit if I am wrong if it evolves. I think we should be in the GA Offense. Our Offensive line has been in that offense for 3 years....

Edited by tennesseestud2013

I really do not think it will evolve. I really think we are not comfortable in the spread. I will admit if I am wrong if it evolves. I think we should be in the GA Offense....

Well I think the whole premise of Paul Johnson's offense is power up the middle and really fast, good broken field runners at the QB and A/C RB positions. Malik and Devaun were penciled in there as Freshmen when the staff learned the new offense with them in mind for those positions. I suppose they could have stayed with it with similar personnel but I believe that was more a "let's see" plan than a concrete "this is our offense for the forseeable future" when the GT offense was installed. If Dunn and Blake are as fast as Malik and Devaun were and display similar elusiveness, then I think you have a very good argument.

Well I think the whole premise of Paul Johnson's offense is power up the middle and really fast, good broken field runners at the QB and A/C RB positions. Malik and Devaun were penciled in there as Freshmen when the staff learned the new offense with them in mind for those positions. I suppose they could have stayed with it with similar personnel but I believe that was more a "let's see" plan than a concrete "this is our offense for the forseeable future" when the GT offense was installed. If Dunn and Blake are as fast as Malik and Devaun were and display similar elusiveness, then I think you have a very good argument.

AllI know is we better get if fixed soon. We have got to cut our turnovers down.

We don't really know if the offense needs to be changed or not. They've had so many turnovers it's hard to tell. Farragut got 2 td's and East Hamilton got 3 off turnovers. Penilites are a big problem also. Their a young team but this is so bad that excuse only goes so far. I watched Tennessee play 18 freshmen Sat. night with no turnovers or penalties the entire game. Two games into the season is a little late to be working on turnovers and penalties.

We don't really know if the offense needs to be changed or not. They've had so many turnovers it's hard to tell. Farragut got 2 td's and East Hamilton got 3 off turnovers. Penilites are a big problem also. Their a young team but this is so bad that excuse only goes so far. I watched Tennessee play 18 freshmen Sat. night with no turnovers or penalties the entire game. Two games into the season is a little late to be working on turnovers and penalties.

When do you think it time to panic. I am sure Clark knows what he is doing, but I am very cautious of this offense. I believe our Offensive line should be better than this in the spread. All I know is we have one thing in common, we want this team to win. I know we are young, but still.

When do you think it time to panic. I am sure Clark knows what he is doing, but I am very cautious of this offense. I believe our Offensive line should be better than this in the spread. All I know is we have one thing in common, we want this team to win. I know we are young, but still.

At this point you have to cure the turnover, penalty problem. To bad the coaching staff has to waste time in practice teaching fundamentals. Players are supposed to learn this stuff in middle school but we're very weak in the coaching there. It's public school so you can't just fire them for doing a bad job.

Same old song and dance. It all starts in the youth programs. But, our DB coaches need to be able to be associated with them. Every successful football program does this and it works. When will we be able to do this? I'm tired of getting the basketballs out in November and hanging up the cleats. DB is suppose to be competing and winning championships. But we have to start when the kids are young and teach the same offense and that will calm the nerves and build confidence out of repetition. It's proven. We will get back in the win column this week before another long trip to Chattanooga. ROLL TRIBE!!!

Edited by dbFAN91

I think you all are being too hard on your offense. They fought the entire game and if you ask me, the problem with your offense was because two of your main players, #4 and #35, were completely drained of energy in the fourth quarter from going both ways the entire time of a very heated well fought battle. Your guys will not face many more defenses like East Hamilton's. The Canes were constantly changing out players on defense to keep them fresh.

I think you all are being too hard on your offense. They fought the entire game and if you ask me, the problem with your offense was because two of your main players, #4 and #35, were completely drained of energy in the fourth quarter from going both ways the entire time of a very heated well fought battle. Your guys will not face many more defenses like East Hamilton's. The Canes were constantly changing out players on defense to keep them fresh.

You guys have a very good team. Good luck to you the rest of the way. Hopefully we can come back to EH in a couple years and you guys will have indoor plumbing. Lol. Just joking. Good luck.