Whitehaven @ White Station 2013

kwc

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were down 19-14 in the 4th quarter!

Yes. Third and long from midfield with approximately 2 minutes left in the game. JW connects with #17, Karrick Jones, who made a spectacular catch and run to get to the 5 yard line.. He made clutch catches all night I might add. We score and go up 20 -19. We try for a 2 point conversion and don't get it. We kick the ball to WS and they turn it over on downs. We run a couple of plays to run out the clock. Low and behold, on 3rd down, Ramadi Warren rips of a 50 yarder around the end for a late "put-the-game-out-of-reach" score. Then, and only then, did the Whitehaven side breath a sigh of relief. Like I said ... nail biter! I like that we never panicked, and we persevered when adversity was present. We won a game that we could have lost ... that's what winners do. We snatched victory out of the jaws of defeat.

All and all it was a sloppy game. We miss EJ in the middle. He's on crutches. We learned tonight how to go on while he stands on the sidelines on crutches. I don't think Zach played at all either. I saw the DC running a lot of players in and out of the defense tonight. Elijha got a lot of playing time at LB tonight. Josh played the other LB spot as well.

I guess the hard thing to swallow was the fact that White Station shot themselves in the foot quite a bit tonight, and despite that fact, they were still winning the game throughout the course of the evening.

That is a good 0-3 team we beat tonight.

Good win Whitehaven.

Ramadi showed that he is capable of puttin da team on his back like dotson if they put blocking backs in front of him da way we did with mark....dat speed sweep is okay sometime, but line him up an run him da same as we did mark and he will show u what's up, just like he did tonite!! But let's keep in mind. We are a young team, lead by mostly juniors and sophmores. But I think battles like tonite should prepare us for another run to da state.

Yes. Third and long from midfield with approximately 2 minutes left in the game. JW connects with #17, Karrick Jones, who made a spectacular catch and run to get to the 5 yard line.. He made clutch catches all night I might add. We score and go up 20 -19. We try for a 2 point conversion and don't get it. We kick the ball to WS and they turn it over on downs. We run a couple of plays to run out the clock. Low and behold, on 3rd down, Ramadi Warren rips of a 50 yarder around the end for a late "put-the-game-out-of-reach" score. Then, and only then, did the Whitehaven side breath a sigh of relief. Like I said ... nail biter! I like that we never panicked, and we persevered when adversity was present. We won a game that we could have lost ... that's what winners do. We snatched victory out of the jaws of defeat.

All and all it was a sloppy game. We miss EJ in the middle. He's on crutches. We learned tonight how to go on while he stands on the sidelines on crutches. I don't think Zach played at all either. I saw the DC running a lot of players in and out of the defense tonight. Elijha got a lot of playing time at LB tonight. Josh played the other LB spot as well.

I guess the hard thing to swallow was the fact that White Station shot themselves in the foot quite a bit tonight, and despite that fact, they were still winning the game throughout the course of the evening.

That is a good 0-3 team we beat tonight.

Good win Whitehaven.

Thanks kwc! What I saw on film makes me wonder how in the Heck did WS stay in the game with us but a win is a win!