Whitehaven @ Sacred Heart-Griffin (Springfield, Ill)

kwc

Sacred Heart-Griffin (SHG) has an impressive looking quick strike offense and a very Active and Aggressive defense. Special Teams play seems solid even though they missed a nice amount of PATs in one game. An anomaly I'm sure.

#2 and #9 seem to be their Big Play guys.

#78 has Legit D1 Size at OT.

Their QB #6 doesn't look to have a Strong Arm but he's very accurate and has a pretty quick release. He reminded me of a Left Handed Chad Pennington.

They have decent size on their front lines. #78 as I mentioned already, Along with #75 seem to have Next level Size. #78 has to be all of 6'5" and 280ish.

They start off FAST, FAST, FAST as a team. They can put up points in bunches and their defense seems to be Extremely Opportunistic... That's All the positive I saw..

Now to temper my (SHG pickers' and real fans') enthusiasm I believe the film I saw had to be SHG vs the other teams' JV or Middle School teams. The folks they played against didn't look scared on film but they Looked Totally Out Matched and Under manned. From a Size and Speed standpoint.

In BlackHaven terms, the teams looked str8 SLAW! 

#6 has a popcorn Arm but he would just throw a WR screen to #2 or #9 or #80 and they would get loose breaking tackles like Dez Bryant or something... It was amazing to see such Suspect tackling.

#2 ran back a Punt like he was Reggie Bush smh... Honestly #2 looks legit. He could play at Whitehaven along with #9 and #78.

SHG seems to be a good team that won't kill themselves from what I've seen but I will be very interested in seeing what they do against an Athletic Defense that will slip blocks on those WR screens and will actually get physical and TACKLE.

SHG Secondary will have the nickname Toast if they play us like they played on film. They ran some cover 1/3 looks and some cover 4. I would Highly suggest they run cover 4 ALL NIGHT because otherwise they will be getting BOMBED ON like Hiroshima! I'm sure they may play #2 and #9 in the secondary against us. That would be the only way Whitehaven's QB Jordan Williams doesn't Break Jason Harris' Passing TD record. No Lie.

All and all the Game will be super competitive early. Whitehaven cannot go down more than 2 scores to these guys. It would be extremely difficult to come back and that's not taking into account the possible Homecooking that would make it virtually Impossible to.

However If and when Whitehaven keeps the game close throughout the first Half I think We could eventually pull away in the 4th quarter simply because our coaching will be on par with theirs and we will have WAY MORE Talented Athletes.

When I say their Secondary is BFI (the Garbage service in Memphis) I am not exaggerating. The only hope will be for them to play #2 and #9 both ways. Even if they do that Marshawn and Ramadi along with the Whitehaven WRs should be able to run those kids off the field in the second half. Whitehaven MUST keep their composure, play a pretty clean game (less than 2 Turnovers, less than 6 Penalties) and not let SHG jump on them early and it should be a nice fun Bus Ride back to the 38116 Saturday Night/Early Sunday Morning

RESPECT DA HAVEN

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On paper this should be Whitehavens toughest game of the year... On the road against a fair football team. Ill be pulling for the tigers to take it !

If I were a Whitehaven fan my concern would be that I have not played a tough schedule this year. The last 3 games are against teams that Whitehaven could more than likely rest many starters.. I know you guys schedule locally but I would imagine playing a stout Alabama - miss team or even mus would help prepare the team better for what surely will be a brutal road to Cookeville. You've had some tough games against teams I thought Whitehaven would dominate so I am not exactly sure what to make of Whitehavens chances at this point in the season.

On paper this should be Whitehavens toughest game of the year... On the road against a fair football team. Ill be pulling for the tigers to take it !

If I were a Whitehaven fan my concern would be that I have not played a tough schedule this year. The last 3 games are against teams that Whitehaven could more than likely rest many starters.. I know you guys schedule locally but I would imagine playing a stout Alabama - miss team or even mus would help prepare the team better for what surely will be a brutal road to Cookeville. You've had some tough games against teams I thought Whitehaven would dominate so I am not exactly sure what to make of Whitehavens chances at this point in the season.

:huh: 

We playing the SAME Schedule as we did last season minus Memphis Overton and SHG   :rolleyes: 

You have NO IDEA how good Central or White Station may be :?:

I don't think anyone in this area expected Whitehaven to dominate RW or WS now Central was a bit of a shocker until I realized how good they were as well. Do we have the absolute toughest schedule no, but we've been in some dog fights against some pretty good teams regardless how they look on paper. We've seen D1 athletes in most of the games we've played this year. Maybe coach isn't as bad a scheduler as some think, maybe he feels that scheduling these Midwestern powerhouses instead of southern ones is prepping us better for the type of ball we'll see deep in the playoffs. I think the schedule actually worked out perfect for our young team this year, I think people forget we only have 4 starters returning after last years epic senior class. I wish we were still playing MUS and i cant even speak on y we haven't had Olive Branch on there yet but I feel we are more prepared for the playoffs than I thought we would be at this point. This gonna b a big test this week but we have some well coached athletic young DOGS and that's what I love about this years team. They have made the key plays to win when the game was on the line and its coming from every position. Of course I don't expect people from across the state who haven't seen us play to get this but I feel we are ready for whoever we play. You are correct the road to Cookeville will be brutal indeed and we know everyone we play is gonna bring their A++ game. But I think our chances are pretty good and Im sure Oakland, Blackman, Houston, and whoever else we may have to go through to get to Cookeville think the exact same thing. There's still a lot of football to b played and right now we have another big test on the road against a good team that can only prepare us even more for another deep playoff run!

BaylorBigDog1976:

Our last three opponents were Memphis Central, Melrose, and Ridgeway. There isn't a slouch in the bunch.

I hope and pray our future competition thinks that our schedule is weak and that Whitehaven hasn't played anybody.

Edited by kwc

I understand ..but let me ask you a ? . Who has the toughest schedule out of all the Memphis schools ? And why ?

Question #1:

Not necessarily in this order.

White Station, Ridgeway, MUS, CBHS, Arlington, Kingsbury, Trezevant, Mitchell, Whitehaven, Germantown and Briarcrest. There are probably some others i'm leaving off of this list, but these are the ones that come to mind.

Question #2:

Benchmarking their team (Quality of depth, intelligence, Abilities, Competitiveness), Bragging Rights, and Big Gates.

Edited by kwc

BHS:

Do you think the SHG coaches will attempt to go after squirl with #2 when they see him on an island in coverage? He's been shutting down the best WR's in the city all year.

I'm sure they will, BUT #14 could very easily follow dude IF he's hard to handle for #3. Either way Teddy gonna have them DBs ready. That's what he do LOL

I'm sure they will, BUT #14 could very easily follow dude IF he's hard to handle for #3. Either way Teddy gonna have them DBs ready. That's what he do LOL

I agree. I'm to the point now to where I see who #3 is over and I mentally take that player out of the equation, as far as, potential for big plays. Coach Teddy has kept our DB's tight. I've dubbed Whitehaven as 'DB High' just like Penn State is aka 'Linebacker U'. Coach H and I had a long chat after the Ridgeway game. Seems his 'other' duties have come to a conclusion and now his total focus is full time Whitehaven 'D'. It's about to get really intense now.

I agree. I'm to the point now to where I see who #3 is over and I mentally take that player out of the equation, as far as, potential for big plays. Coach Teddy has kept our DB's tight. I've dubbed Whitehaven as 'DB High' just like Penn State is aka 'Linebacker U'. Coach H and I had a long chat after the Ridgeway game. Seems his 'other' duties have come to a conclusion and now his total focus is full time Whitehaven 'D'. It's about to get really intense now.

Uh Oh!!! Its about to get REAL UGLY for that popcorn arm QB for SHG...

Clow, eh... I mean People that have Picked against Whitehaven Please take note that our DC is done with his Pipeline Middle School Duties... Change Your Pick NOW   B)