East Hamilton vs Rhea

I'll speak up for Doug.  I've got nothing bad to say about him, he was good for our program and I wish more of our fans would acknowledge that.  Not saying I agreed with all of his calls or all of his methods, but he did a lot of good things despite the W-L record he had.  He put a lot of good coaches in place, and had the team headed in the right direction.  I wish him and the owls success unless of course they are playing us.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll speak up for Doug. I've got nothing bad to say about him, he was good foww our program and I wish more of our fans would acknowledge that. Not saying I agreed with all of his calls or all of his methods, but he did a lot of good things despite the W-L record he had. He put a lot of good coaches in place, and had the team headed in the right direction. I wish him and the owls success unless of course they are playing us.

I agree......he did have the team headed in the right diection. He got us back in the weight room and he brought in Coach Harmon along with some other fine coaches. The last two years in the weight room has made a major difference in this team and they are now reaping the benefits on the field. Green was smart enough to see some things this program was lacking and was able to put things in place to build for the future. He may be a good Defensive Coordinator (although our defense mostly looked lost under his watch) but I think being Head Coach was a little over his head (at least for now).

In my opinion, Green was more of a bridge coach, he set up some things to make us successful but Pemberton in time, will be the coach that can take this program to the next level. Coach Pemberton has this team humming now but IMO things starting turning last year at the win over Cleveland (credit where credit is due).

I may get egged by some of the other Rhea County folks but I have to agree with Aggressive that he left the program in better shape than when he took it.

Just my opinion and we all got em.

GO EAGLES!!!!

This is gonna be a tough game for the Cains.

Probably get the win, but it ain't gonna be easy.

Troll is pretty dead on...... I watched the tape of them vs. Soddy and Warren Co. We will have some issue with the Wing-T as we did at Signal and at Riverdale. @ Signal we got some breaks and Signal had some self inflected gun shots. Riverdale could not stop our passing game and we were able to come up with some key turn over's.

Rhea runs the same thing, and the line is very well coached and the kids finish there blocks, this will cause the Canes some trouble. I do not think they will be able to break long runs on us or throw for big yardage, but long time consuming drives could really hurt us. Canes will score and score quick, and have some 3 and outs, thus put more pressure on the defense as they could be out there a long time and if the game is close (I think it will be) Rhea has it last could be big trouble for the Canes. If you add some yellow flags and we get a lot of them, and more than 1 turn over, this could be a big time issue for the Canes.

The key for the Canes is the passing game, if Moore can get some time I do think the Rhea DB’s are going to have issues with #21, #22, #11, who are lights out in speed with great hands, you also add #10 good speed with great hands, and #81 TE who has gotten the ball a lot more last 2 games, and probably  the best hands on the team with great speed is the kid #6  out of the back field , he has almost 300 yards receiving mostly screens. Can Rhea’s DB’s and LB’ers cover theses guys? The 2 common teams both have played Soddy and Walker Valley had real issues with this. I would not read to much into the East Ham Soddy game, East Ham worked on its run game and played mostly 2nd and 3rd string guys most of the 3rd, and all of the 4th.

I do not expect that anybody at East Ham thinks they go up there and win this with ease. Everyone thinks it will be a all out war……..

All I'm saying is if we are comparing apples to apples, you are comparing Coach Pemberton's resume to Coach Green's. It's not personal, just not the right guy at the right time.

you got to have good players to go along with your good resume...Brentwood always have good athletes and Rhea was always at the bottom of the district in 5aaa and Brentwood had a winning program if you talk about apples to apples...and that new district you're in makes him look good too...nothing personal...but the Canes are a better fit for 5aaa than you were...and you will have a tuff time with their dbs.....and hope your coach has successful goal line stance to stop the Canes.....like ole Doug has...good luck

All I'm saying is if we are comparing apples to apples, you are comparing Coach Pemberton's resume to Coach Green's. It's not personal, just not the right guy at the right time.

you got to have good players to go along with your good resume...Brentwood always have good athletes and Rhea was always at the bottom of the district in 5aaa and Brentwood had a winning program if you talk about apples to apples...and that new district you're in makes him look good too...nothing personal...but the Canes are a better fit for 5aaa than you were...and you will have a tuff time with their dbs.....and hope your coach has successful goal line stance to stop the Canes.....like ole Doug has...good luck

Troll is pretty dead on...... I watched the tape of them vs. Soddy and Warren Co. We will have some issue with the Wing-T as we did at Signal and at Riverdale. @ Signal we got some breaks and Signal had some self inflected gun shots. Riverdale could not stop our passing game and we were able to come up with some key turn over's.

Rhea runs the same thing, and the line is very well coached and the kids finish there blocks, this will cause the Canes some trouble. I do not think they will be able to break long runs on us or throw for big yardage, but long time consuming drives could really hurt us. Canes will score and score quick, and have some 3 and outs, thus put more pressure on the defense as they could be out there a long time and if the game is close (I think it will be) Rhea has it last could be big trouble for the Canes. If you add some yellow flags and we get a lot of them, and more than 1 turn over, this could be a big time issue for the Canes.

The key for the Canes is the passing game, if Moore can get some time I do think the Rhea DB’s are going to have issues with #21, #22, #11, who are lights out in speed with great hands, you also add #10 good speed with great hands, and #81 TE who has gotten the ball a lot more last 2 games, and probably the best hands on the team with great speed is the kid #6 out of the back field , he has almost 300 yards receiving mostly screens. Can Rhea’s DB’s and LB’ers cover theses guys? The 2 common teams both have played Soddy and Walker Valley had real issues with this. I would not read to much into the East Ham Soddy game, East Ham worked on its run game and played mostly 2nd and 3rd string guys most of the 3rd, and all of the 4th.

I do not expect that anybody at East Ham thinks they go up there and win this with ease. Everyone thinks it will be a all out war……..

yea Rhea gone wish they had my buddy Doug for this track meet....