Cascade @ Jo Byrns

Shep

I hate to say this but times have changed because of the new playoff system and the move to 6 classes.  Football/competition is watered down.  I hate to say that because this new system gives JB a better chance of competing for a championship but it's the truth.  I think we need to go back to 5 classes but have the private schools in their own division.

As for the game, this should be a good one!  Cascade looks to be a pretty tough team this year.  I feel like JB's offense is about as good as it's going to get, which is pretty dang good.  The defense on the other hand is dang near terrible at times.  Whether it's a lack of penetration up front, not taking on blocks, poor angles, poor tackling, you name it we've done it.  It's a little late in the year to making any big strides but I hope we can get a little better!!!  If we keep it up, we're guaranteed to be bounced in the second round.  If we can clean it up, we'll give ourselves a shot at the quarter or semi-finals and who knows what could happen.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the game, this should be a good one!  Cascade looks to be a pretty tough team this year.  I feel like JB's offense is about as good as it's going to get, which is pretty dang good.  The defense on the other hand is dang near terrible at times.  Whether it's a lack of penetration up front, not taking on blocks, poor angles, poor tackling, you name it we've done it.  It's a little late in the year to making any big strides but I hope we can get a little better!!!  If we keep it up, we're guaranteed to be bounced in the second round.  If we can clean it up, we'll give ourselves a shot at the quarter or semi-finals and who knows what could happen.

The Champs are playing some pretty good ball this year. Offense has scored a lot of points... mostly off the running game but our passing attack is pretty good also. We are most improved on the defensive side of the ball. It will be interesting to see if we can keep up with JBs QB... I think that will be the difference in the game... if we cam slow him down we win, if not we lose. 

Looks like it's going to be a cold night... good football weather. I'll be there early to get my pork chop sandwich and the latest scoop on who to watch and how the game is going to go. I always enjoy the Cascade - Jo Byrns match up and there have been some good ones over the years... but I sure don't look forward to the long drive...

The Champs are playing some pretty good ball this year. Offense has scored a lot of points... mostly off the running game but our passing attack is pretty good also. We are most improved on the defensive side of the ball. It will be interesting to see if we can keep up with JBs QB... I think that will be the difference in the game... if we cam slow him down we win, if not we lose. 

Looks like it's going to be a cold night... good football weather. I'll be there early to get my pork chop sandwich and the latest scoop on who to watch and how the game is going to go. I always enjoy the Cascade - Jo Byrns match up and there have been some good ones over the years... but I sure don't look forward to the long drive...

It sounds like this is going to be a high scoring game.  Offensively we're pretty good, averaging about 34 points a game.  The only game we had trouble in was against NCS (12 points).  I know I'm making excuses here but it was raining and our passing game just wasn't there.  We rely on the pass for big plays.  Mark my words, there will be at least one play tonight where Coach Adkins calls a pass play and there won't be anyone around the guy for 10 yards.  He's done it nearly every game and it's not just one certain play, it's situational.  He's doing an outstanding job this year (may be his best)!

I really like this JB team and I think there's potential to make a deep run in the playoffs but I think our defense is going to hurt us in the end.  I'd love to see JB show that they can stop the run and play good defense (against a good team) tonight.   We'll see what happens...be safe on the trip up and bring your warm clothes!

MOTO, Cascade lost to Page last week 20 -21. Their QB was the offensive player of the year last year in 12AA which includes CPA and Giles Co. He is good but our guys intercepted him 3 times and knocked down several other attempts. Page's defense, which was the difference in the game, had not been there all year but they showed up last week. So, no matter what we think will be the difference in tonight's game, it probably won't be any of the things that we thought it would be. Coach Adkins and Coach Parker will both have a new wrinkle up their sleeves tonight. You can count on that... they always do... 

Well things didn't work out like I had hoped they would. The defense sucked it up again but this time the offense was shutdown. Cascade did a great job on defense tonight and stuck to their gameplan of pounding the rock. Looks like JB is headed for the hardwood sooner rather than later. Maybe next year lol!

Well things didn't work out like I had hoped they would. The defense sucked it up again but this time the offense was shutdown. Cascade did a great job on defense tonight and stuck to their gameplan of pounding the rock. Looks like JB is headed for the hardwood sooner rather than later. Maybe next year lol!

Cascade played their game and won. I enjoy the trip to Jo Byrns, but it would be a lot better if I didn't to go thru Nashville. I spent at least an hour extra in traffic because of a wreck on 24-40 by LP Field. I didn't get to Cedar Hill until game time. CPA next week... that should be interesting.

Yep, partly because some JB defenders have spent the better part of the season trying to reinvent the wheel by not tackling at the hips or lower. Cascades #4 showed them once again why that method is futile. I have to bash on Cascade as well. Those around me couldn't figure out why Murphy Fair's man crush, Coach Kenny Parker, went away from the run in the third qtr. That could've spelled disaster for the Champs if JB would've made a couple stops. I hope for the Shetland Pony faithful that that play calling doesn't bite y'all in the hind quarters!