ND @ POLK Rd2 (REMATCH)

TnBear

You keep spouting this drivel, could you please elaborate on this?

I agree that Polk had nothing to do with Notre Dame's inability to stay on sides or get a play in on time, but I'm pretty sure they had something to do with the 3 interceptions, the 4th down stops, etc.

So enlighten us on exactly what you mean by this,,, was the play calling not what you would have liked, because we know some of the ND fans have proclaimed fant as the greatest coach in Tennesseee.

Was it the effort of the kids? Surely they didn't have a problem getting up for Polk..

I know, you were missing your running back..... and you're right, Polk didn't have anything to do with that, but from all the previous post this season I thought ND was more than a one man show....

You know Polk usually rolls up about 400yards of offense, they had 270 something against ND, but none of us Polk fans have been on here saying "it had nothing to do with ND"

It was a 2 point game, so yeah, it could go either way this time, but both teams made mistakes, both teams made plays.....and to say that the opponent had nothing to do with your teams performance just perpetuates the stereotype of the arrogant Notre dame fan.

If you could just give us a little more detail on what you mean?

Oh and Polk will be missing one of their starters this friday, so I guess us fans will have an excuse next week!

Murph,

Please don't mistake IrishTrikstr as a rep from the Irish Nation.  I have had kids at ND that have spanned the last 10 years and have had the pleasure of seeing some good games between ND and Polk.  Coach Derrick Davis, in my opinion, is probably the most underrated coach around.  Regardless of his talent level from year to year, he always seems to win and he does so  by being a great motivator, and seemingly teaching his young men to be very disciplined and tough.  Not knowing him personally, he seems to combine the qualities of a likable "players' coach" with the hard nosed tough nature of the typical "old school" coach.

He seems to always have a bunch of kids playing for him (which speaks to how well liked he is and how he motivates kids to come and play), he always seems to beat some teams that "on paper" or according the so called experts, he is not supposed to beat, and his teams always seem to play with great fundamentals and discipline.  A Coach Davis football team is not (in my time seeing them) going to beat themselves and they are going to do everything possible to expose and take advantage of any weaknesses that your team has.  NOTE:  Despite ND missing a RB in the first game, I think Polk had a lot to do with how we played.  They had some long drives on offense, they had a "bend but don't break" defense and they also created several turnovers on defense.  I agree that ND did not have their "A game," however when you don't give a great, well-coached team props when they beat you is arrogant and insulting.  I want the Polk County nation to know that 99% of Irish fans have nothing but respect for Coach Davis, his entire staff, and the Polk County team.  Unfortunately, this silent majority doesn't post on coacht. 

One more point about Polk.  I have always heard that their players play with class and don't trash talk.  No team is perfect in this regard, but you can tell that Coach Davis must preach character and team above all else.  These are the same values that Coach Fant preaches. 

I think the game Friday will be an exciting matchup and I hope all of the young men playing finish the game healthy and may the best team win!

Murph,

Please don't mistake IrishTrikstr as a rep from the Irish Nation.  I have had kids at ND that have spanned the last 10 years and have had the pleasure of seeing some good games between ND and Polk.  Coach Derrick Davis, in my opinion, is probably the most underrated coach around.  Regardless of his talent level from year to year, he always seems to win and he does so  by being a great motivator, and seemingly teaching his young men to be very disciplined and tough.  Not knowing him personally, he seems to combine the qualities of a likable "players' coach" with the hard nosed tough nature of the typical "old school" coach.

He seems to always have a bunch of kids playing for him (which speaks to how well liked he is and how he motivates kids to come and play), he always seems to beat some teams that "on paper" or according the so called experts, he is not supposed to beat, and his teams always seem to play with great fundamentals and discipline.  A Coach Davis football team is not (in my time seeing them) going to beat themselves and they are going to do everything possible to expose and take advantage of any weaknesses that your team has.  NOTE:  Despite ND missing a RB in the first game, I think Polk had a lot to do with how we played.  They had some long drives on offense, they had a "bend but don't break" defense and they also created several turnovers on defense.  I agree that ND did not have their "A game," however when you don't give a great, well-coached team props when they beat you is arrogant and insulting.  I want the Polk County nation to know that 99% of Irish fans have nothing but respect for Coach Davis, his entire staff, and the Polk County team.  Unfortunately, this silent majority doesn't post on coacht. 

One more point about Polk.  I have always heard that their players play with class and don't trash talk.  No team is perfect in this regard, but you can tell that Coach Davis must preach character and team above all else.  These are the same values that Coach Fant preaches. 

I think the game Friday will be an exciting matchup and I hope all of the young men playing finish the game healthy and may the best team win!

Coach Davis is one of the very best, and a funny guy, also. And, his teams always play smart (something ND has struggled with in the past) and tough. Should be a close, hard-fought game.

The truth don't bother me brother. I wouldn't send a kid of mine there if y'all paid me. I have no use for the snotty nose brats that go there and go to mass during school hours and drink as soon as the bell rings. Nothing there for me at all

I'm sure Coach Campbell is chomping at the bit to leave ND and go to a team with classy fans like yourself.

Deocampo was the best athlete y'all had. Then Charlie white sent his there. Other than that its spoiled kids playin with grandpas money. Polk gonna beat y'all like a drum.

Dang, no one told me my dad was supposed to be footing the bill for the kids I have been sending to Notre Dame for the last 10 years!! I'm going to call him now and tell him he needs to step up to the plate and pick up this tuition for his grandkids. And as "spoiled kids" go, I'm sure there are some at ND but certainly not all. Just like I'm sure not all of your kids are thugs.

I'm sure Coach Campbell is chomping at the bit to leave ND and go to a team with classy fans like yourself.

Is he reapplying. If so he may let us know how you guys got some of your players. He did reapply  when the job came open before. Just for your info.

Edited by Pounder1

Murph,

Excellent post. I understand the fanatics are posting. I don't have a problem with volahol, and the other guy is probably an 11 yr old kid....

I look forward to a great game Friday, aint no easy ones this time of year....

Win or lose, I'll stand and cheer my team when the horn sounds, and if it doesn't go Polk's way, I'll congratulate the Irish and start counting the days 'til next season.