It's weird to Me how States differ about length of football season

BigDave1967

Georgia plays usually plays a 9 game Season then the Subregion game. Tennessee plays a 10 game season and then the playoffs. While North Carolina plays an 11 game season and then the Playoffs. I Myself wouldn't mind Georgia and Tennessee going to an 11 game regular season. Georgia could still do a Subregion Playoff while playing an 11 game season.

It would be interesting to see an 11 game regular season. One thing id like to see is less teams with 5-5, 4-6,records make the playoffs. They're are more teams in Tennessee high school football that make the playoffs than in Texas.

There has to be a way to stop teams with losing records making the Playoffs. It's absurd to have 2,3,or 4 wins and make the Playoffs!

Yes!!! Lets not let in 4 and 6 teams like oh say CAK those cheaters lol or Johnson County both who went 4 and 6 with a tough schedule.Lets keep kissing up to teams like a 7 and 3 oh say Chuckey Doak or Gatlinburg Pittman who won many of those games vs weak competition!!  Longhorns and Warriors deserve to be in the playoffs just as much as Black Knights and Highlanders.Fayetteville now also 5 and 6 knocked off the defending State Champions.Boyd Buchanan went 4 and 6 got a bye and now a home game against a 8 and 2 team!!! A 1-9 team made the playoffs in Private Large St.Benedict and Davidson at 3-7 made the playoffs while playing a light schedule as opposed to Kings Academy who went 5 and 5 against a tougher schedule and stayed home.Meanwhile other 4 and 6 teams who won were Chattanooga Tyner and Briarcrest.McCallie got in at 3 and 7 against a brutal schedule and won against a 6 and 4 team with a lighter dinner menu  :rolleyes:    Separate all privates and publics.make 3 private state title games and 4 public.2 games thursday night 2 friday and 3 saturday games

Yes!!! Lets not let in 4 and 6 teams like oh say CAK those cheaters lol or Johnson County both who went 4 and 6 with a tough schedule.Lets keep kissing up to teams like a 7 and 3 oh say Chuckey Doak or Gatlinburg Pittman who won many of those games vs weak competition!!  Longhorns and Warriors deserve to be in the playoffs just as much as Black Knights and Highlanders.Fayetteville now also 5 and 6 knocked off the defending State Champions.Boyd Buchanan went 4 and 6 got a bye and now a home game against a 8 and 2 team!!! A 1-9 team made the playoffs in Private Large St.Benedict and Davidson at 3-7 made the playoffs while playing a light schedule as opposed to Kings Academy who went 5 and 5 against a tougher schedule and stayed home.Meanwhile other 4 and 6 teams who won were Chattanooga Tyner and Briarcrest.McCallie got in at 3 and 7 against a brutal schedule and won against a 6 and 4 team with a lighter dinner menu  :rolleyes:    Separate all privates and publics.make 3 private state title games and 4 public.2 games thursday night 2 friday and 3 saturday games

Sounds cool to Me,hsfootballfan777!

And after all the State Championship games we can have a big #### and moan session about what Public State Champions could have easily beaten the Private School Champion their size but if not complain they cheat which is why they separated in the first place  B)  By the way I played football in Illinois and at least 80 to 85% to 15 or 20% is the vote in favor of NOT splitting Public/Private there.The coaches say well you go where you want and if the public schools can't beat the privates well we need to get better then.And by the way I do like GP and Chuckey Doak so be proud of your teams.You did well and deserved to go to the playoffs.

Edited by hsfootballfan777
  • Upvote 1

And after all the State Championship games we can have a big #### and moan session about what Public State Champions could have easily beaten the Private School Champion their size but if not complain they cheat which is why they separated in the first place  B)  By the way I played football in Illinois and at least 80 to 85% to 15 or 20% is the vote in favor of NOT splitting Public/Private there.The coaches say well you go where you want and if the public schools can't beat the privates well we need to get better then.And by the way I do like GP and Chuckey Doak so be proud of your teams.You did well and deserved to go to the playoffs.

I don't see why Tennessee separates the Privates from Public schools. Private Schools like Brentwood Academy did lose to Public Schools like Maryville before the Schools were separated. Georgia doesn't separate Them and it doesn't hurt the product on the field.

Well not to stir up people on the board.I will just say this.When Grace and Cak started their Football programs up and were getting beat by weak teams they got laughed at and told to drop football.Then they got better and were called cheaters.To me public schools do all the recruiting for the Private schools by taking God out of their schools.I also seen a school play football Saturday who told me their best Quarterback lives within walking distance to their school but plays for another school in the County.Privates aren't the only ones who recruit  -_-

Edited by hsfootballfan777

It would be interesting to see an 11 game regular season. One thing id like to see is less teams with 5-5, 4-6,records make the playoffs. They're are more teams in Tennessee high school football that make the playoffs than in Texas.

Livingston Academy I belive it was 2006 went 5-5 in regular season and come december they were 10-5 and state champs....the teams that are weak will be eliminated in the first and second rounds....who cares? the more weeks of football the better in my book!

Edited by POLKcoPRIDE