Campbell County Cougars 2014

Space3

I never said that Gillum did not learn the offense from someone else, stating what I saw from when Justin was at AC, Justin was the offensive coordinator under Kerr and they did not run anything close to what he runs now, Davey came in and the offense completely changed, I sat in on some of the coaching meetings when Davey and Justin were emplimenting that offense and I have to tell you it was pretty obvious who was teaching who, I am glad Justin has had success with it and do not care one bit what they run, but Davey was who brought that Offense to AC. Justin is very smart and know the offense very well, but I have to tell you when those guys were in the same room together going over X's and O's Davey was much farther ahead of Justin (at the time). From what I saw Justin learned an awful lot from Davey, not taking anything away from Justin at all, he is a great coach and it is not always about the offense as to how much success you have, you still have to be able to teach it and Justin and Davey both have "it".

Your right Mav4 glad you were there to prove it. The truth is all that is needed.

Edited by jeopardyperil

So, why do you think AC didn't run the spread under Kerr?  Was that Justin's decision? 

You and I both know that it wasn't.  Coach Kerr was never going to run a spread offense.  We all know that. 

I'm sure Justin did learn a lot from Coach Gillum, but he already had a huge amout of basic knowledge about that offense before Coach Gillum made the decision to install it at AC.

Your never gonna convince these guys HTV. Your dead on though. Davey never would have went to the spread when he did, if he didn't have Justin there to help install it.

Also, a lot of people don't remember that Jerry Mynatt was hire right before the Prices. He lasted about 60 days and he quit, leaving CC high and dry. So, the spread was headed to CC one way or another.

So, why do you think AC didn't run the spread under Kerr?  Was that Justin's decision? 

You and I both know that it wasn't.  Coach Kerr was never going to run a spread offense.  We all know that. 

I'm sure Justin did learn a lot from Coach Gillum, but he already had a huge amout of basic knowledge about that offense before Coach Gillum made the decision to install it at AC. 

Thank you!! Dave is a good teacher....lol Price was the OC but Dave made the game plan and called the plays till Justin learned his offense. But why talk about it????

Edited by Space3

Erell38.... Why hide and say your a halls fan.... Everyone knows you are a CC fan.....lol

Not at all Stacey, but you and Unc are so wrapped up in the Almighty Davey's offensive scheme and play calling abilities.... Sheeple... Very entertaining to say the least...the thing is, I think he is a very good coach but he is far from the next George Quarles

Not at all Stacey, but you and Unc are so wrapped up in the Almighty Davey's offensive scheme and play calling abilities.... Sheeple... Very entertaining to say the least...the thing is, I think he is a very good coach but he is far from the next George Quarles

lol comming from a Halls/ CC fan...lol

What counts Space we beat CC. They know it and that is all that counts. We were the best. We knocked powell and clinton out in playoffs over the years and they never got over it. AC is now a new power house and will continue to be as long as Davey is coaching so it appears he is a threat. Trust it will not change AC even though 4A enrollment will win.